Florida Horror & Genre Film Festival
Negative Fest is a genre film festival created to celebrate the past, present and future of Horror, Science-Fiction, Fantasy, Thriller, Animation, Experimental, Grindhouse, Action and Suspense.
Two days of cult film screenings, special guests, music videos and independent shorts & features!
Negative Fest is also a proud sponsor of the Palm Beach County Grindhouse Series which features monthly screenings of cult horror films hosted by Morbid Movies at the Movies of Lake Worth.
The festival’s director Michael Favata is also the director of programming and creator of one of Florida’s longest running film series, Palm Beach County Grindhouse. It’s been screening cult horror films in theaters monthly since 2015 and has been featured locally in the New Times, Palm Beach Post, Sun Sentinel and nationally on Horror Movies Uncut & Horror News.
In addition to being part of the festival, films selected for Negative Fest will have the opportunity to be shown before Palm Beach County Grindhouse Series screenings and featured on Morbid Movies (Cult Horror News, Reviews & Trailers).
Awards & Prizes
Best Feature · Best Short · Best Short (Florida) · Best Short (Student)
Best Director · Best Actor · Best Actress · Best Special F/X
Best Music Video · Best Animation
Rules & Terms
Negative Fest 2018 Entry Rules
1 . I have read, understated and fully comply with all submission eligibility information, Submission Guidelines, Terms and Conditions of Entry and Entry Eligibility requirements.
2. To the best of my knowledge, all of the statements in this document are true;
3 . This film or video is not subject to any litigation nor is threatened by any litigation;
4. I am duly authorized to submit this film to the festival;
5. I hold Negative Fest harmless from any damage to the print(s) or tape(s) en route or otherwise during the course of the festival’s possession of the film;
6. I hold Negative Fest, its owners, management, juries, subsidiaries, agents, sponsors, affiliates, and etc. harmless from any and all claims of liability resulting from my entry.
7. I certify that I have full rights to the use of the music in the entered work.
8. I give permission for Negative Fest to use stills, titles, copy, and/or information from the film for promotional purposes
9. I give permission for Negative Fest to screen the film at the Festival as well as any Festival presentations, programs, and/or events.
Negative Fest 2018 Entry Guidelines
For festival screenings Digital Cinema Package (DCP) is the preferred format but Blu-Ray is also accepted.
SELECTION AND NOTIFICATION
If your film is selected, we will notify filmmakers by email on May 15th, 2018. After acceptance, the exhibition format will need to be received by June 1st, 2018. Rental fees are not paid for submitted work that is programmed.
Films can not be withdrawn from the Festival after being selected.
All costs of shipping exhibition prints is the responsibility of the filmmakers. Negative Fest is not responsible for prints lost or damaged in transit.
c/o Michael Favata
13750 US Highway 1 APT E
Juno Beach, FL 33408-1614
Submissions are NOT accepted via mail, address is only for mailing exhibition prints.