NatureTrack Film Festival (NTFF) is a three-day celebration of nature and outdoor adventure through film. Started in Los Olivos in 2018, the festival has showcased hundreds of national and international filmmakers’ works to the thrill and delight of thousands of attendees. In 2023, NTFF will celebrate its 5th anniversary and will be held in Goleta for the first time, bringing the festival closer to the Santa Barbara community full of nature enthusiasts and film lovers, as well as a region famous for its world class hospitality.
NTFF is a program of the NatureTrack Foundation, a nonprofit organization whose mission is to foster lifelong fascination with nature, and inspire respectful stewardship of our natural world through outdoor field trips and events.
We welcome films with any nature-related elements to submit. At NatureTrack Film Festival, we aim to inspire passion for nature through film by expanding the definition of a “nature film,” including a variety of genres and subjects including but not limited to narrative, documentary, animation, experimental, adventure, conservation, and more.
Formats accepted for festival screening are as follows: .mp4 and .mov formats in 1080p
• Films that have been submitted for consideration in previous years are NOT eligible, even if the film has changed significantly since the last time it was submitted.
• Films submitted should somehow tie into the tagline “igniting passion for nature through film" (open for interpretation)
• Entrant guarantees that third parties have no claim on the submitted films.
Each submission must include:
• Indication of the category, or categories. Filmmakers may enter a film in multiple categories, however NTFF reserves the right to ultimately program films in whatever categories we deem appropriate.
• Student-produced work must include a copy of a current student ID, or evidence of work being completed while entrant was a student, with the application.
• Non-English language productions must be narrated or subtitled in English.
• Participants must provide a minimum of three (3) production stills from your film and a head shot for promotional use at high resolution (300 dpi and/or 1MB) suitable for print.
• Participants attending the festival in person will be invited to participate in a short Q/A session after their film screens.
• A self-addressed stamped envelope should be included with any correspondence requiring a reply.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
By entering this film:
• I state that I am authorized to submit this film/video to the NatureTrack Film Festival (NTFF) for consideration and have read, understand, and agree to all entry requirements.
• I hereby release the NTFF from all liability resulting from its exhibition of my film/video.
• I agree that if my film is selected for exhibition at the NTFF, I will make it available for that purpose without requiring the payment of a screening fee.
• Participant shall not withdraw their film from the NTFF once the selection has been confirmed.
• All films selected will be screened only at official NTFF events. Any additional screenings outside the NTFF shall require a separate prior consent expressed by the producer or distributor.
• All preview copies will remain in the NTFF archives and will be exclusively used for NTFF promotional and/or educational purposes.