This year, the NanoCon Mk. VI Science-Fiction Convention begins on Friday, March 29, 2019, with The NanoCon International Science-Fiction Film Festival. The annual festival, now in it’s third season, accepts submissions of short-subject, science-fiction films from all over the world.
Winning entries from this year's festival will premiere during a red-carpet event at the Laufman Auditorium, in the Health & Science Building, at Lower Columbia College.
Cosplay (science-fiction related costume) or formal attire is preferred but not required. Walk the red carpet with science-fiction characters and local celebrities.
Festivities begin at 5:00PM with food and drink in the Health & Science Building
Films begin showing at 6:30PM and will continue through 8:30PM
Film Festival Only - $5 - *Individuals under 17 yrs. must be accompanied by an adult. Some films may not be suitable for children under 13 yrs. Films submitted specifically for the Youth category will premiere on Saturday, March 24, 2018.
Bronze-Level Member - $10 - Includes admission to all NanoCon Mk. V activities.
Silver-Level Member - $25 - Includes admission to all NanoCon Mk. V activities and an official NanoCon Mk. V t-shirt.
Gold-Level Member - $50 - Includes admission to all NanoCon Mk. V activities, an official NanoCon Mk. V t-shirt, official signed poster, and reserved seating at all event activities.
Tickets can be purchased at the door, online at http://nanocon.co/register or through Eventbrite.
The NanoCon International Science-Fiction Film Festival accepts submissions on an annual basis. Winning entries from this year's festival will premiere during the NanoCon Mk. VI Science-Fiction Convention at Lower Columbia College on March 29, 2019. We will begin accepting submissions June 1, 2018.
NanoCon Mk. V International Film Festival Schedule
Submissions Open: June 1, 2018
Submissions Close: December 1, 2018
– Specific to the science-fiction genre
– Short-subject of length between 3 and 40 minutes (including credits)
– Films will only be accepted in a digital format
For additional information or any questions, please contact email@example.com
- Films must not have had major theatrical release or US broadcast airing prior to the festival.
- Films must not have had DVD sales on the internet prior to March 29, 2019.
- More than one entry may be submitted. Each entry must be accompanied by a separate entry.
- Films must be completed after March 26, 2018 in order to be considered for the 2019 NanoCon Mk. VI, International Science-Fiction Film Festival.
- Work-in-progress submissions are accepted. Updated versions of a submission may be sent until December 1, 2018. After that date, NIFF4 is under no obligation to view any new version.
- By choosing to use FilmFreeway's secured online screener, the film must be uploaded by the application's corresponding submission deadline in order to be considered. Your submission application will not be processed otherwise.
- All film entries selected for the festival grant NIFF4 the rights to use footage, stills, titles and information from the film for promotional purposes.
- Films can be submitted to three categories: 1) International Science-Fiction Short Films; 2) Local Science-Fiction Short Films; 3) Youth Science-Fiction Short Films.
- Winning festival entries will be selected from the three submission categories to include 70% of International Science-Fiction Short Films, 15% of Local Science-Fiction Short Films, and 15% of Youth Science-Fiction Short Films.
- All filmmakers will be notified by (approximately) March 1, 2019 via email.