Join The Indie Movement with
The NY International Arts Festival
In-Person & Virtual
Welcome to the Underground! We're a Virtual and In-Person Red Carpet Film Festival and Art Show, Live Performances, Pop-Up Shop & Featuring Artisans, Panels and Demonstrations.
Dates: Mid-October 2021 through Thanksgiving Weekend
C A T E G O R I E S:
-MOVIE SHORTS and FULL LENGTH FEATURES
-MUSIC, POETRY, DANCE & Comedy VIDEOS
-COMMERCIAL (small and large business/organization)
-WEB SERIES EPISODE
-TALK SHOW EPISODE
**BONUS - After you Submit, you can also submit an up to two-minute Video about you and your cast/crew, vision, project needs and/or future projects**
***BONUS 2: Make money with Ticket Sales for the Virtual Platform
****BONUS 3: Sit in on a Panel Remotely
All Themes Welcomed, All Categories Welcomed! (see rules & terms)
We're that eclectic group of Creatives from all different genres and disciplines braised and still living in Jamaica, Queens, NY - Once Home to historical creative legends such as Count Basie, Miles Davis, Duke Ellington, Lena Horne, LL Cool J, Run DMC, Keith Murray, A Tribe Called Quest, 50 Cent, Salt & Peppa, Al Roker, and so many more.
We created this magical platform which includes everything so that we can better promote your Talent to wider audiences in Celebration of all types of creativity in one multi-day event.
Whether we're Indoors, Outdoors, Virtual or Virtually Live - we bring that grassroots energy and our audiences bring the enthusiasm, support, appreciation and follows.
There's nothing like watching others watch you on the Big Screen and there's nothing like walking the Red Carpet if you're in the NYC area. And whether you're a Student, First Timer or Seasoned Professional - this is the Place To Be To Be Seen.
Join Us as we introduce you to audiences around the world - we average 14 countries per Season and movie studios, the media and other industry professionals do attend our film fests.
Multi-Festival Days filled with Voices you haven't heard yet, Stories you've yet to see and Emotions driven by the Underrepresented, Underserved, but Immensely Talented and Powerful: Indie Creative.
For New York City specifically, we're the 5 Boroughs at its Best and in the worlds of Nikki Giovanni - We are "Cotton Candy On A Rainy Day - the Unrealized Dream Of An Idea Yet Unborn" Welcome To the Dream, now on the Big Screen - The Birth Of A New Movement for the Indie Content Creator - now we're being called the "Apollo" for Indie Filmmakers, Directors, Producers, Actors and Red Carpet Hosts - Film Festivals will Never Be The Same!
-Movie (Short or Full Length)
-Performance Video (Singers, Poets, Dancers, Musical Bands
-Small Business or Large Business Commercial
-Organizational Commercial or PSA
-Web Series Episode
-Talk Show Episode
From Ages 10 and up, Filmmakers may submit from anywhere in the world. Non-English Audio Must have English Subtitles. You can submit as an individual, group, organization, club, program, institution, or small business.
Make Sure To Check The Deadline Dates
and all other requirements.
Follow Us On Instagram:
@FilmFestivalsQueensUnderground718 & @NYInternationalArtsFestival
Visit: QueensUnderground718.com to learn more and stay updated, enter, and purchase screening tickets.
Subscribe on our NEW Internet TV Channel: CulturalTVNetwork.com
Youtube Channel - Cultural TV Network
Partners: Queens Underground International Film Festival, The Cultural TV Network, Glam Vive and Unique Signatures.
#filmfest #filmfestival #movieshort #musicvideo #poetry #webseries #comedy #specialeffects #moviedirector #dance #dancevideo #indiefest #indie #filmmaker #business #entrepreneur #nyc #nyny #online #inperson #movieposter #jury #panel #contest #judges #awards #scifi #drama #action #comedydrama #animated #cartoon #comedy #animation #romance #horror #womenfilmmakers #student #international #blackandwhite #history #documentary #experimental #claymation #cosplay #trailer #newproject #goldfestival #april #october #february #blackhistory #history #soundtrack #bestactress #bestactor #new #onlinefilmfestival #stageplay #submit #liveperformances #upcoming #prizes #online #open #queensny #independent #international #foreignfilm #subtitles #tv #commercial #food #panel #jury #virtualreality #actingworkshop #conference #vendor #banners #exhibition #interactive #movienight #movetheater #music #cinematography #usa #unitedstates #annual #redcarpet #q&a #noir
We notify Selected Submissions Early by Email
-Prizes and Certificates for a Winner in each Category
-Virtual viewing for 30 days with call for donations and commission for ticket sales
- Interview for Cable TV (remote if need be)
-Honorary Judge for the following Season
-Free upload to other Virtual Platforms for increased exposure.
WE'RE LOCAL & INTERNATIONAL!
Please read and re-read all of the Rules and Terms.
NYIAF.com and QueensUnderground718.com for more info, trailers, merchandise, discounts and Red Carpet Interviews.
Only 1 Coupon per submission and Coupons cannot be used with Gold Fees.
Submit Downloadable Files (mp4 or mov) Only
Movie Posters Must Have A Title
Trailers are highly recommended and must be downloadable
1. Always check your Junk Mail, Social and Promotional Folders to make sure that you are receiving our emails via FilmFreeway.
2. All deadlines and other requirements must be met. No exceptions. Not adhering to deadlines will affect whether or not your project is screened at the Festival and/or online. All projects must have be an mp4 or mov file. We do not stream from other platforms. We are a mobile and often, outdoor festival and non-reliant on wifi.
3. You may always start you page to take advantage of early bird fees and then complete the uploads at a later date, but before the last deadline.
4. GOLD DISCOUNTS: You may only use one (1) Discount Code Per Entry. If you are a Gold Member, you may not use more than One (1) discount code per made.
5. Quality Of Projects: No worries, we do not expect everyone to have access to "movie quality" cameras. Consumer cameras and cell phones may be used to film - for this film festival -the focus is on the story and creativity. However, we do expect quality submissions. All of the other requirements must still be met.
6. Your project may be Screened in-person or virtual only or both. The Virtual Platform is Live for 30 days.
7. Submitters are expected to actively and consistently promote their projects on a weekly basis to encourage attendance to see your project on the Big Screen. This is especially important during the month of the Festival. This is a REQUIREMENT, along with TAGGING @FilmFestivalsQueensUnderground and @NYInternationalArtsFestival.
GET CREATIVE with your Trailer!
Trailers and Movie Posters generate Excitement!
8. BASIC REQUIREMENTS:
-Please meet the deadlines.
-Ensure that your Project and Trailer is downloadable. We cannot stream from other --Platforms for the In-Person nor from our own Virtual Platform.
-Movie Poster must have a Title and be of standard Movie Poster or Flyer size.
-Do Not Send Files via email
-Check your junk, social and promotion email tabs for the group emails sent via FilmFreeway.
9. PLEASE NOTE:
All Projects will be reviewed by the Committee. you will be notified separately if your project will be screened at the Festival, however, all projects that are "Selected" will be available for viewing on or Online Platforms. You will receive advance notice as to the status, order of screening and location of screening (during the festival and online only).
10. If the audio is not English, accurate subtitling in English must be included for all characters and sounds.
11. Filmmakers may submit several movies, videos, or commercials per category and/or submit works for 1, 2, or 3 or more categories - each submission requires a separate registration and fee.
12. **You understand and agree that your work is original and not copy written by any other individual or group. Your work may include whole or part of any works that are classified as Public Domain in the United States Of America.
13. By submitting your film, video, small business commercial, photo’s, short bio and synopsis (required) you are giving us full permission to use any or all of the materials to promote, advertise, market, and screen publicly Before, During and After the Festival or any or all of our media platforms.
14. Submissions may not contain any or suggest any content that is violent, racist, libelous, defamatory, obscene, pornographic, hateful, sexual, culturally, or ethnically offensive in any way.
Projects or posters submitted with cursing which is not considered within context of the project. will not be Screened at the Film Festival.
15. Projects with adult content may be shown towards the end of the Festival and/or Virtually only.
16. The NY International Arts Festival and Queens Underground 718 reserve the right, to remove or delete your submission without notice and without limitations where any instances of non-compliance have occurred.
17. As with all festivals, entry does not guarantee acceptance or screening into the film festival, nor does it guarantee Screening if the requirements have not been met. Refunds nor credit are issued.
18. You will be able to determine the approximate time of your screening based on the start time. For non-US time zones, you will have access to the Festival link for 24 hours for each day.
19. Student Discount: Student must be enrolled in a film, video or production program or completed a program within the last 6 months. Proof may be required and will have to be submitted by the requested deadline. All other requirements must be met by deadlines.
20. You agree and understand that you are expected to promote and tag the NY International Arts Festival once you receive notice that your project has been accepted. The promotion must be continuous with tagging both @FilmFestivalsQueensUnderground and @NYInternationalArtsFestival @culturaltvnetwork
21. With your submission you are hereby agreeing to indemnify and hold completely harmless the NY International Arts Festival, Queens Underground 718 International Film Festival, Queens Center Of The Arts, its management, juries, subsidiaries, agents, sponsors, partners, affiliates, staff and volunteers, etc. from and against any and all claims, liabilities, losses, damages, and expenses (including but not limited to attorney’s fees, and all court costs/fees) which may be incurred by reason of any claim involving copyright, trademark, credits, publicity, screening, and loss of, or damage to, the screening videos entered. You understand that submitting does not guarantee screening. You understand and agree that refunds are not issued. You understand and agree to meet the requirements and deadlines.
22. You will also be notified of any changes for dates, prices and policies - please make sure that you are receiving and checking junk and social email folders for notices.
23. If you do not read or speak English - you are responsible to find and utilize a translator or translation App. All communication with the Festival Team must be in English. Queens Underground does not accept responsibility for any Non-English miscommunications.
24. Translations for your submissions must be accurate and exact. Any entry with misrepresented subtitles will be removed immediately.
25. ***Entry fees and ticket purchases and other fees are non-refundable. Cash prizes, if any, will be sent in US dollars and only transferred through standard online business Apps.
Email: NYIAFestival@gmail.com or Queensunderground718@gmail.com