The NYC Animation/Anime Short Fest (NYCAASF) will be held Marc 25, 2018, in Midtown, New York City, NY, USA.
**** This is a short film festival, only for films 20 minutes or less in length!! We will NOT be screening any films longer then 20 minutes in length!!!!****
Animation is a fantastic, creative medium capable of bringing a storyteller’s inner visual world to life and sharing it with audiences everywhere. As the capabilities of computer-generated imagery continue to increase, there are fewer and fewer limitations as to what can be created on the screen.
Anime means "animation" in Japanese. However, in English the word Anime is often used to describe the very distinct style of Japanese animation. In some ways, Anime can be used to explore the everyday lives and fears of young people more effectively than Western Animation.
Join us for the 3rd Annual Animation/Anime Short Fest and become part of a new tradition!
Please be sure to review ALL submission guidelines before you mail the entry. We have limited time and resources to correct application mistakes. Please try and be as accurate as possible. We will contact you by e-mail if there are any problems, so please be sure to watch for e-mails from NYCAASFF@cierimedia.com.
We vastly prefer online submissions. If you are submitting with DVD it MUST be formatted as NTSC Region 0 or 1. If your film is selected we will provide full technical specifications but an .mov, mp4 or .mpg works great. All films will be played from a hard drive. Please note, if accepted, we MUST receive the exhibition media AT LEAST TWO (2) WEEKS before the festival.
If your submission is selected, you will be notified by e-mail in the end of March. Accepted filmmakers will be given one free admission pass to the festival. (We cannot help with any transportation, food or lodging costs.) If you are coming to the festival and want to be a part of a panel during the festivities we need to know by March 15, 2018 so we can make arrangements regarding the number and size of panels, etc.
As a condition of entering the NYC Animation/Anime Short Film Fest, hereafter known as NYCAASFF, I/we hereby certify that:
1. I/we am/are the sole creators of the film, script, short stories, poems which I/we have submitted to the NYCAASFF.
2. I/we warrant as sole and exclusive owner(s) of all legal right and title there to have absolute authority to submit the enclosed material to NYCAASFF.
3. I/we understand that the NYCAASFF will not return and is not obligated to return my film or any other materials I/we have submitted to the NYCAASFF.
4. I/we hereby grant the NYCAASFF the nonexclusive right to use my name, photograph, and likeness in connection with any and all publicity and promotional activities regarding the NYCAASFF.
5. For filmmakers: NYCAASFF may transfer the submitted material to a hard drive for screening, if needed, and if the submitted material is selected for screening the submitted material may be used by NYCAASFF for promotional purposes.
6. I/we will indemnify and hold harmless NYCAASFF, its judges, sponsors and partners, individually and collectively, from and against all claims, demands, losses, damages, costs, liabilities and expenses including legal expenses arising out of or in connection with any and all claims, or third party claims based on material submitted to NYCAASFF.
7. I/we shall be solely responsible for taking all necessary steps to establish and protect my/our copyright in the submitted material, and the NYCAASFF shall have no obligation with respect thereto. The NYCAASFF shall have the right to reproduce all or part of said material for use in its publicity and any and all related communication directly associated with NYCAASFF.
8. I/we have read all of the festival rules, regulations and releases,understand them, and have complied with them. I/we understand that the festival rules, regulations and releases may change or be updated, and that it is my responsibility to read, understand and comply with any changes or updates.