NOFLASH is a curated time-based art show featuring some of the most innovative emerging artists working in (narrative/exp/doc) film, installation, video/sound art and live performance.
The third annual NOFLASH Video Show will be hosted by the Zimmerli Art Museum in New Brunswick, NJ in early April (exact date TBA). The one-night show is a great opportunity for filmmakers and artists to have their work shown at one of the most distinguished university-based museums in the US, and to meet like-minded creatives and an enthusiastic public. Entry to the museum and the event is free-of-charge, so invite friends and family for an energetic evening in New Brunswick!
Time-based art submissions are welcome from emerging artists of any age. Submission fees will go directly to expenses related to the show. Acceptance decisions will be sent out in March 2019.
Note: if you have work that does not exist as a FilmFreeway project, we are also open to submissions through the form on our website.
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY. If you fail to abide by the rules below, your submission(s) will be automatically disqualified.
1. No more than TWO submissions per person.
2. Each submission may not exceed 15 minutes.
3. We prefer works completed in 2018/2019, but will accept works dated as early as 2016.
4. If your film is in a language besides English, it MUST have burned English subtitles.
5. NOFLASH only showcases the work of emerging artists. If you feel you do not fall under this category (i.e., if you are already established in your field), please do not submit. In a similar sense, we prefer east coast premieres, and will not select works that have had more than three official public screenings.
6. FilmFreeway lends itself mostly to narrative films. We are open to "traditional" narratives, but please understand that the scope of NOFLASH is more dedicated to time-based art – including digital filmmaking – that pushes formal and conceptual boundaries.