*Web Series World Cup Participant!*
Just ten days after our first festival took place, we became one of FilmFreeway's Best-Reviewed Festivals -- and now as we enter our fourth year, we continue to get bigger and better thanks to the amazing talent that has been part of our events! Thank you to all the creators who took time to leave thoughtful reviews! We are #AllAboutTheCreators, and they clearly felt it! Just read the reviews and see for yourself.
Submissions from all over the world, and from every genre, are welcome. Quality is the only criteria: we want to showcase the very best.
We accept webseries, pilots, trailers, music videos, and fiction podcasts so that all digital creators can experience the #JerseyMagic! (See our Rules section for more deets on submitting.)
Those who attend will be treated to a screening of their show at a wonderful venue and will have the opportunity to network and mingle with industry powerhouses, special guests, and fellow creators. Workshops, panels, and parties will of course be part of the festivities!
And our Awards Event is a beautiful gala with gourmet food, dessert, entertainment -- first-class all the way. Check out the pics, and follow our social media for videos from the events. You've never been to a festival like the #NJWebFest.
These are some of the honors that we've awarded in the past (subject to change in future festivals, depending on submissions.)
WEBSERIES | PILOTS | TRAILERS | MUSIC VIDEOS
Best Actor in A Comedy
Best Actress in A Comedy
Best Actor in a Drama, Thriller, or Sci-Fi
Best Actress in a Drama, Thriller, or Sci-Fi
Best Supporting Actor in A Comedy
Best Supporting Actress in A Comedy
Best Supporting Actor - Drama, Thriller, Sci-Fi
Best Supporting Actress - Drama, Thriller, Sci-Fi
Best Guest Star
Best Director in a Comedy
Best Writing in a Comedy
Best Director in a Drama, Thriller, or Sci-Fi
Best Writing in a Drama, Thriller, or Sci-Fi
Best Cinematography in A Comedy
Best Cinematography - Drama, Thriller, Sci-Fi
Best Ensemble Cast in A Comedy
Best Ensemble Cast - Drama, Thriller, or Sci-Fi
Best On-Screen Chemistry
Best Special Effects/Video Effects
Best Theme Song
Best Series Premise
Outstanding Music Video
Direct Selection: Seoul WebFest
Direct Selection: Miami WebFest
Direct Selection: Asia Web Awards
Direct Selection: Rio WebFest
Direct Selection: Baltimore Next Media WebFest
Direct Selection: Minnesota WebFest
Direct Selection: Apulia WebFest
Direct Selection: London Short Series
Outstanding Comedy Series
Outstanding Drama Series
Outstanding Animation Series
Outstanding Sketch Comedy Series
Outstanding Dramedy Series
Outstanding Thriller Series
Outstanding Sci-Fi Series
Outstanding Unscripted/Reality Series
Outstanding Mockumentary Series
Michael J. Ajakwe Jr. “Don’t Wait Create!” Award
Best of the Best Web Series
Best Editing of an Actual Play
Best Editing of a Narrative Fiction
Best Sound Design of an Actual Play
Best Sound Design of a Narrative Fiction
Best Series Premise of an Actual Play
Best Series Premise of a Narrative Fiction
Best Writing / Script
Best Game Master
Best Leading Performance
Best Supporting Performance
Best Player Character Performance
Best Ensemble Cast of an Actual Play
Best Ensemble Cast of a Narrative Fiction
Best Theme Song
Best Original Scoring
Best Actual Play Podcast playing D&D
Best Actual Play Podcast not playing D&D
Best Science Fiction
Best Horror / Thriller
Best Family Friendly
Best of the Best Fiction Podcast
1. If you've uploaded a video file to FilmFreeway, great! But web series creators should also include a link for us to view your entire series. We are lovers of web series, and want to watch every episode before making our selections. You can also email us the link to your show at firstname.lastname@example.org. IF IT IS PASSWORD-PROTECTED, please make sure to provide us with the password.
2. Fiction Podcast creators: when you join Film Freeway, you can upload your audio file by categorizing your work as "Music/Songwriting." It's currently the only category that allows you to upload audio-only files (but we're working with Film Freeway on updating that!) :) So, get your work up and submit to get the film festival experience! Visit newjerseywebfest.com/film-freeway-podcasts for more detailed instructions.
3. There is no length requirement or limit to submit. Quality is our only criteria. So make it good! :) Please note, however, that if you get selected, we may ask for a truncated version of your project for screening purposes, depending on the length of your episodes.
4. Web series that have a spoken language other than English must be subtitled in English. If your fiction podcast is in a language other than English, we need you to email us an English transcript after submitting (email it to email@example.com; include your tracking number in the subject line). Music videos don't need to be subtitled or translated.
5. Official Selections will be announced on or before August 1, 2022.
6. Award nominees will be announced on or before August 15, 2022.
7. Event date: September 22-25, 2022.