NAFCo Monthly Film Festival Series 2018 is an ongoing festival with monthly film screenings sponsored by the Northern Appalachian Film Collective. The accepted films are shown at the Reitz Theater of Cultural Resources, Inc. in DuBois, Pennsylvania on the third Friday of each month. The goal of the festival is to promote filmmaking in western and central Pennsylvania and the surrounding areas of Ohio, West Virginia, and New York and to create networking opportunities for filmmakers and people working in film in the region.
As part of this monthly film festival series, NAFCo will be hosting the 3rd Annual Rock n’ Reel Film Festival in late August 2018. The first Rock n’ Reel Film Festival was held at the Treasure Lake Ski Lodge facilities in July 2016 The second festival was held at the Edward V. Cherry Pavilion at the DuBois City park in August 2017. The third festival will again return to Treasure Lake. There will be a second Winter Film Festival held in January or February 2019 at the Reitz Theater of Cultural Resources, Inc. in DuBois, Pennsylvania. The Rock a’ Reel festival and the Winter Film Festivals will feature short films. The other monthly festival viewings will be a mixture of feature length narrative films, documentaries, short films, and music videos.
No monetary rewards. Laurels will be given to films accepted.
• There is no submission fee for this festival,
• Films submitted may be of any length.
• Films submitted must have been filmed in western and central Pennsylvania or the surrounding areas, or have been created by filmmakers, or feature actors from those regions of Ohio, Pennsylvania, New York, and West Virginia.
• The films may be of any genre, excluding adult/pornographic films. We accept documentaries, features, and shorts.
• Submissions that are lewd, obscene, sexually explicit, pornographic, disparaging, defamatory, libelous, or otherwise inappropriate in nature/content, may be removed from consideration by NAFCo at their discretion.
• There will be at least two sessions each year featuring short films and the remaining sessions will be a mixture of feature length and short films.
• Submission to the festival is not a guarantee of acceptance into the festival.
• Submissions must be made online via FilmFreeway.
• Filmmakers are welcome to submit more than one film.
• Still shots and/or excerpts from selected films may be used by the Northern Appalachian Film Collective for publicity purposes.
• All entries are final and may not be withdrawn from the festival once submitted.
• There is no submission deadline as this is an ongoing festival event, however films specifically submitted for consideration in the Rock n’ Reel event must be submitted by August 1.
• Those submitting films will be notified of acceptance/rejection into the festival in a timely manner.
• Festival laurels will be given to all films accepted as part of the festival.