HG MUSIC VIDEO AND FILM FESTIVAL [2021 VIRTUAL FESTIVAL]
A Call for Faith Based/Inspirational Film & Video Makers
In its second year running, the HG Music Video and Film Festival (formerly the HGAG Music Video and Film Festival) is a celebration of the robust, creative and emerging nexus of local and national faith based, independent film and music video producers to be held in Houston; the fourth largest city in the United States. It is also a showcasing of quality, Christ-centered, entertaining, inspiring original works produced by creative, passionate independent film producers and visual storytellers.
The HG Music Video and Film Festival is the film division arm of the Houston Gospel Music Coalition, an affiliate organization of the Texas Gospel Music Coalition. President, Catherine Dorsey’s vision is to develop the HGMVFF as an expansion of what HGMC does as an organization to propel gospel music and independent artists, in conjunction with the network of media outlets and radio announcers and who play their music. It is our goal to make this festival an annual event.
Houston is a city that has a rich gospel music community. The Mayor of Houston and local officials are making major strides to make Houston a more appealing destination for filmmakers and include all categories of films. The goal of the HGMVFF is to create the same opportunities of exposure, resources, development and advancement in film and video in the various categories of Christian and Inspirational based music videos and film.
*Original plans were to have the festival this past Spring 2020. Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, organizers have decided to host it virtually, in partnership with The Cam Agency, LLC. Please check our website and social media platforms for continuous updates.
• Music Video of the Year
• Best Short Film of the Year
• Outstanding Feature of the Year
• Best Documentary of the Year
• Student Filmmaker of the Year
• Woman Filmmaker of the Year
Submission Rules & Terms
1. All entries must be in English. No English subtitles.
2. All entries must be works that you have produced and/or own and have the rights to; which are a faith-based, inspirational or Christian concept, theme, worldview and/or subject matter. Content must be uplifting, family friendly and demonstrate Christian values.
3. All films must be uploaded via the secure online screener function of FilmFreeway. No exceptions!
4. Preference will be given to films and videos filmed/shot in Houston, Texas, or surrounding areas. However, we will accept films and music videos from anywhere within the U.S.
5. Films or music videos submissions are not subject to when the work was completed.
6. Participants can enter in multiple categories. However, the full entry fee but be paid with each individual category entered.
7. Entry fees are non-refundable. Submissions will not be processed without entry fee payment.
8. No checks will be accepted to pay submission fees, only by certified funds or online payments through the festival platform.
9. All decisions are final and can’t be appealed.
10. All submitters will be notified of selection or non-selection by or before December 21 2020, one month before the festival screening date.
By submitting to the festival, you confirm that you own the rights of the film or video; and you agree to allow your work to be screened and shown by the festival and used along with your name for festival promotion. This is a Christ-centered, family friendly, music video and film festival. Submissions must not contain adult, inappropriate, offensive or mature content or language. Further, submissions must not contain nudity or sexually explicit scenes, strong violence and No horror films. Filmmakers are responsible for the accuracy of all submitted materials. The HG Music Video and Film Festival maintain the right to reject any music video or film that does not meet the above guidelines. Participation in the HG Music Video and Film Festival implies understanding and acceptance of the aforementioned rules and terms.