HGAG MUSIC VIDEO AND FILM FESTIVAL
A Call for Faith Based/Inspirational Film & Video Makers
In its first year running, the HGAG Music Video and Film Festival is a celebration of the robust, creative and emerging nexus of local and national faith based, independent film and music video producers to be held in Houston; the fourth largest city in the United States. It is also a showcasing of quality, Christ-centered entertaining, inspiring original works produced by creative, passionate independent film producers and visual storytellers.
The HGAG Music Video and Film Festival is the film division arm of the Houston Gospel Announcers Guild, an affiliate organization of the Texas Gospel Announcers Guild. President, Catherine Dorsey’s vision is to develop the HGAGMVFF as an expansion of what HGAG does as an organization to propel gospel music and independent artists, in conjunction with the network of media outlets and radio announcers and who play their music. It is our goal to make this festival an annual event.
Houston is a city that has a rich gospel music community. The Mayor of Houston and local officials are making major strides to make Houston a more appealing destination for filmmakers and include all categories of films. The goal of the HGAGMVFF is to create the same opportunities of exposure, resources, development and advancement in film and video in the various categories of Christian and Inspirational based music videos and film.
The event will include a VIP Reception, Industry Forums, Screenings and Awards Ceremony.
Awards & Prizes
• Music Video of the Year
• Best Short Film of the Year
• Outstanding Feature of the Year
• Best Documentary of the Year
Rules & Terms
Submission Rules & Terms
1. All entries must be in English. No English subtitles.
2. All entries must be works that you have produced and/or own and have the rights to; which are a faith-based, inspirational or Christian concept, theme, worldview and/or subject matter. Content must be uplifting, family friendly and demonstrate Christian values.
3. All films must be uploaded via the secure online screener function of FilmFreeway or submitted on a single disc (DVD or Blu-ray) to: HGAG Music Video and Film Festival, P.O. Box 16061, Houston, TX 77222.
4. Preference will be given to films and videos filmed/shot in Houston, Texas, or surrounding areas. However, we will accept films and music videos from anywhere within the U.S.
5. Films or music videos submissions are not subject to when the work was completed.
6. Participants can enter in multiple categories. However, the full entry fee but be paid with each individual category entered.
7. Entry fees are non-refundable. Submissions will not be processed without entry fee payment.
8. No checks will be accepted to pay submission fees, only by certified funds or online payments through the festival platform.
9. All decisions are final and can’t be appealed.
10. If selected for screening, you must submit a copy of the film or video on a single disc (DVD or Blu-Ray format) two weeks before the festival screening date.
By submitting to the festival, you confirm that you own the rights of the film or video; and you agree to allow your work to be screened and shown by the festival and used along with your name for festival promotion. This is a Christ-centered, family friendly music video and film festival. Submissions must not contain adult, inappropriate, offensive or mature content. Further, submissions must not contain nudity or sexually explicit scenes, strong violence and No horror films. Filmmakers are responsible for the accuracy of all submitted materials. The HGAG Music Video and Film Festival maintain the right to reject any music video or film that does not meet the above guidelines. Participation in the HGAG Music Video and Film Festival implies understanding and acceptance of the aforementioned rules and terms.