The Music Film Festival is all about screening the best documentaries and fiction films on music.
Pop/rock music, classical music, jazz, rap, soul, dance, urban, metal... any music.
Biographies, concert registrations, music videos, music biopics. Classics and brand new releases can be screened at the Music Film Festival in the Netherlands.
A festival aimed at a wide audience; music and film lovers from all over the world. In addition, some screenings, such as premieres, can be made extra attractive by a live performance by the artist in question. In this way, the liveliness of the festival in the city can be underlined.
Note: The next edition of the Music Film Festival will be held on September 6-7-8, 2024.
Certificates with trophies will be available for:
- Best Picture
- Best Director
- Best Cinematography
- Best Score
- Best Script
Laurels will be handed out to all selected films and are free to use for future publicity.
Please be sure to read the submission guidelines before you mail and/or attach a link to the entry. We will try to accommodate people as much as possible. Depending on the number and date of submissions we may have limited time and resources to figure out application mistakes. Please try and be as accurate as possible.
Submissions online are the only way we can review your film, either through FilmFreeway, Vimeo or YouTube. If your film is selected we will be screening all films from hard drives. Final file details will be posted here soon. But an .mov and .mpg always work.
If your submission is selected, we will notify you by email. Often when we send our first email to people our emails can go to spam. If your film is selected to be in the festival, you will be given free admission to the festival. All filmmakers may also choose to be part of one of our panels. (We cannot help with any transportation, food or housing costs.) If you are coming to the festival and want to be a part of a panel during the festivities we need to know so we can make arrangements such as number and size of panels, etc. It will depend on the number of people coming to the festival; both fans and artists.
We hope everyone has fun and enjoys themselves at the festival. but a few suggestions...
Please submit as soon as possible.
We accept online submissions. You may submit through FilmFreeway online secure video as well as a password protected vimeo/youtube link.
Please note that the ONLY difference in the early submission deadline versus the final submission deadline is the fee discount. The submission process and consideration by the Programming Committee is not affected by the date you submit your film as long as it is postmarked by our final deadline - your chances are equal regardless of the day your film makes it into our offices, as long as it is postmarked by the final deadline.
ALL films submitted to the festival are seen and scored by multiple judges. All films that have a high rating average go on to final deliberations. The curators have final say as to the films in the Festival.
Film Submissions are non-returnable for any reason.
If a film is accepted, entrants will be solely responsible for delivering their promotional materials to and from the festival venue. Complete press kits will be needed as soon after notification as possible. The Festival cannot be held liable for your exhibition print/video materials which are lost or damaged.
For 2021 the festival has no awards yet. When we do, awards will be juried. The jury will then submit their ratings to a third party who will track and calculate the results. The results will be held by the third party until the evening of the awards where the results will be announced. The process for calculating the winners are;
1 - The films/videos are shown to the judges.
2 - The judges mark the ballots rating the films and other appropriate categories from 1 to 10, 10 being the best.
3 - All the scores are totaled and then divided by the number of ballots.
4 - Highest score wins.
5 - The decision of the festival is final.
Please note festival dates are subject to change.
Unfortunately, the Festival does not provide room, board or travel for filmmakers.
A Documentary is a film that depicts true facts, true information presented in a reasonably balanced and accurate way. With a length longer than 60 minutes.
Narrative Feature Films
A full length Feature Narrative Film. A work of fiction longer than 60 minutes.
Any non-documentary film from 1 minutes to 59 minutes in length is acceptable. Short Documentaries have their own category.
A Music Video is a video/film that is produced around a song. Its purpose is to enhance the song by adding visuals.
MISSION & OBJECTIVE
We are proud to present the first annual Music Film Festival in the Netherlands, in the city of Tilburg. This year's festival will run in the last weekend of August. The festival will strive to promote an open and nurturing environment for artists, writers, actors, film-makers and fans, and will focus on offering great networking opportunities for its participants.
We will screen narratives, documentaries, short films, super shorts and music videos. We are looking for documentaries where the filmmaker had a passion, which he/she put into the film. The sole subject we are focusing on is music. If the work has merit and the filming is well done; be it a full-length feature, a short or a super short - we are interested in viewing it.
ABOUT THE FESTIVAL
We welcome the true music minded filmmaker. Your film will be screened for other film-makers who are looking for new voices with new ideas to be explored by the art of filmmaking, and for an audience of music and film lovers in the Netherlands and from the rest of the world. The Music Film Festival is an international film event, located in 2021 in Tilburg.
The Festival aims to discover the Artist Filmmakers, showcasing them to the entertainment industry and the Dutch public. All Music Film Festival screenings will take place in the historic center of Tilburg, The Netherlands which is the perfect home for an event geared toward creating incredible opportunities for music voices.
RELEASE FORM for Music Film Festival in The Netherlands
As a condition of entering the Musical Film Festival, hereafter known as MFF, I/we hereby certify that:
1. I/we am/are the sole creators of the film, script, short stories, poems which I/we have submitted to the MFF.
2. I/we warrant as sole and exclusive owner(s) of all legal right and title thereto have absolute authority to submit the enclosed material to MFF.
3. I/we understand that the MFF will not return and is not obligated to return my film or any other materials I/we have submitted to the MFF.
4. I/we hereby grant the MFF the nonexclusive right to use my name, photograph, and likeness in connection with any and all publicity and promotional activities regarding the MFF.
5. For filmmakers: MFF may transfer the submitted material to a compilation DVD for screening, if needed, and if the submitted material is selected for screening the compilation DVD may be used by MFF for promotional purposes.
6. I/we will indemnify and hold harmless MFF, its judges, sponsors and partners, individually and collectively, from and against all claims, demands, losses, damages, costs, liabilities and expenses including legal expenses arising out of or in connection with any and all claims, or third party claims based on material submitted to MFF.
7. I/we shall be solely responsible for taking all necessary steps to establish and protect my/our copyright in the submitted material, and the MFF shall have no obligation with respect thereto. The MFF shall have the right to reproduce all or part of said material for use in its publicity and any and all related communication directly associated with MFF.
8. I/we have read all of the festival rules, regulations and releases, understand them, and have complied with them. I/we understand that the festival rules, regulations and releases may change or be updated, and that it is my responsibility to read, understand and comply with any changes or updates.