The inaugural Mullingar International Film Festival 2020 was a momentous occasion thanks to talented filmmakers who made and shared their films, and the wildly enthusiastic audience who bought the tickets, donned the glad rags, and laughed, cried, clapped and cheered the whole evening! We are enormously proud of the accomplishment, and grateful that we got to "pull it off" before the world as we knew it shut down!
The Mullingar International Film Festival was conceived as an annual event which would grow and expand as time went on, and we've wrestled for weeks about how/if we should proceed in some fashion in 2021. Spring and Summer 2021 are still fraught with uncertainty, and while we are optimistic that next year will bring a return to normalcy, we cannot be sure of when or what the new normal will look like. We have concluded that we probably can't do it as well as we did it this year, and we definitely won't compromise on the experience the Festival will deliver. So, after much deliberation, we have chosen to suspend the Mullingar International Film Festival until 2022. We are disappointed, but confident that this is the right thing to do.
We will communicate this to the public in the coming days.
It only remains for me to THANK YOU again for your support during this momentous year which will go down in our collective memory for many of the wrong reasons - but we hope also one good one.
Winners will be presented with a specially commissioned award at the Gala event and will be expected to attend in person or have a representative attend to accept your award and make an acceptance speech. Preference will be given to filmmakers who commit to attending the festival.
Awards will be presented for the following categories;
1) Best Overall Short Film
2) Best Irish Comedy
3) Best International Comedy
4) Best Irish Drama
5) Best International Drama
6) Best Irish Documentary
7) Best International Documentary
8) Film with local interest or connections.
9) Out of competition
Our entry have been carefully considered giving regard to the efforts and costs involved in producing a show like this. We don't and won't cut corners and can promise you our festival will be run to the highest professional standards.
1) Entery via FilmFreeway portal only.
2) Films must have been completed no later than Jan 31st 2017
3) Winners agree to participate in the publicity for the Festival as well as other promotional events, including online promotions using extracts from your entry and on our website.
4) Entry fees are non refundable.
5) We are true film fans and for us it's all about the live screening, however these are unpredictable times so organisers reserve the right to cancel or postpone the event in exceptional circumstances.
6) Films must be of a maximum duration of 25 minutes including all end credits.
7) All foreign language entries must provide English subtitles
Films which have been freely available online prior to the MIFF are NOT eligible to enter competitively but may be screened "out of competition". You must choose OUT OF COMPETITION section to submit your film in this case.