Moondance International Film Festival is an innovative event dedicated to the cinematic language and independent filmmaking. The festival features live screenings in a prominent cinema and attracts entries from around the world, including Cannes award winners and Oscar nominees, as well as emerging independent artists.
The festival selects the best projects of the season through a rigorous nomination process and promotes the winners to thousands of film industry professionals and artists. The winners are also eligible to be a finalist in the annual festival.
Moondance covers a wide range of categories, including acting, directing, cinematography, screenwriting, editing, music video, experimental cinema, animation, and student film. The programming committee carefully selects the film and script projects to be featured at the festival.
Through its magazine and channel, Moondance offers ongoing promotions and screenings of independent features and shorts throughout the season. The festival has proven to be a platform for independent film projects and artists to gain recognition in the film industry, with many of its indie films attracting thousands of views and securing distribution deals.
Moondance is committed to promoting and featuring international and Italian projects of all genres, and selects its jury members from a diverse pool of filmmakers, critics, actors, writers, composers, cinematographers, and agents and distributors from around the world."
The MoonDance Film Festival symbolizes the celebration of the art of cinema under the beautiful and enchanting light of the moon. It is a tribute to the power of visual storytelling, and a gathering of filmmakers, movie enthusiasts, and industry professionals from all over the world. The festival symbolizes the coming together of different cultures, perspectives, and styles to appreciate the diversity and beauty of cinema. The festival also symbolizes the intersection of art, technology, and entertainment, as filmmakers continue to push the boundaries of what is possible in the medium.
Best Young Actor/Actress
(Make-Up,Scenograpghy ,Color Editing, Original Score, Original Soundtrack, VFX, producer)
Best Genre (Sci-Fi, Horror, Thriller, Drama, Comedy, Western and etc)
1. Eligibility: Any film, short or feature length, completed after January 1, 2020, is eligible for submission to the festival. The film must be in English or have English subtitles.
2. Submission: Submissions are accepted through the festival's online portal, and must include a completed entry form and a link to an online screener of the film.
3. Categories: Films can be submitted in the following categories: narrative feature, narrative short, documentary feature, documentary short, animation, experimental, and student film.
4. Deadlines: The festival has multiple submission deadlines, with the final deadline usually falling in late summer. Early submissions are encouraged to take advantage of lower fees.
5. Selection: The festival's programming team will select the films to be included in the festival program. All entrants will be notified of their selection status via email.
6. Exhibition: Films will be screened in a theatrical setting during the festival. The festival reserves the right to determine the date, time, and location of all screenings.
7. Awards: The festival will present awards in various categories, as determined by a jury of industry professionals. The festival also reserves the right to present special awards at its discretion.
8. Publicity: By submitting a film, the entrant grants the festival the right to use clips, images, and information from the film for promotional purposes.
9. Legal: The entrant must own or have permission to use all content contained within the film, and must hold harmless the festival from any legal action related to the film.
10. Fees: Submission fees vary by deadline and category, and are non-refundable. The festival reserves the right to waive fees at its discretion.