Since its foundation, the Festival has sought the promotion of film culture based on three principles:
1) That the exposure to film culture contributes to the awareness of communities and nations of the need to support their own cinematographic expressions, which are cultural and social ambassadors to the rest of the world.
2) That a showcase of new world cinema is a mirror on to which our local and national filmmaking can measure and compare itself, establishing references of form and content that fosters the reflection and the search for international competitiveness.
3) That films made in Monterrey, Mexico and throughout the world need to be exhibited. A film that is not shown does not exist. Thus it becomes primordial to provide a space for film exhibition.
The director of each winning category will receive the Cabrito de Plata (our trophy) and the prizes given by the Festival's sponsors.
• Films produced after January 1st, 2021 can participate.
• The premier status we ask for is in our state Monterrey/Nuevo León
• Musical video clips or experimental films will not be accepted.
• Those projects disseminated through networks such as YouTube, Vimeo or any other VOD platform prior to the Festival will not be considered.
• The length for short films is under 30 minutes. For feature films is over 60 minutes.
• Submissions made in wrong categories or that do not comply with these conditions will not be considered.