Monolith Medium is a literary journal and film criticism site that focuses on recognizing the transcendent moments where film becomes more than simply an entertainment medium. The Monolith Medium Film Award echoes this thesis by highlighting unique and powerful thematically driven short films.
Our site offers a platform for filmmakers of all types to have their work acknowledged and showcased, publicly. Our goal is to offer a resting spot for transcendent short films that have reached the end of their festival run, and to lift up the filmmakers behind them.
Twice a year we will award three films the Monolith Medium Film Award, and publicly display these films on our website with a corresponding review and interview with the filmmaker.
Twice a year we will select three films for the Monolith Medium Film Award, and publicly display these films on our website with a corresponding review and interview with the filmmaker.
Of these three films, one will be selected for a prize of $150.
1. The Monolith Medium Film Award is an online event that will display your film publicly. This means that upon winning the contest, your film will be available online. Make sure this does not conflict with your premiere status before entering, as your entrance cost is non-refundable.
2. The Monolith Medium Film Award is selected upon the following criteria:
- Quality of Narrative
- Production Value
- Focused Themes
3. We will notify winners on June 21st that their film will be online the following week, as well as to send interview questions for each specific post. If we do not hear back by June 28th, you will forfeit your award and place on our site.
4. All submissions for the Monolith Medium Film Award are to be paid through FilmFreeway platform. The submission fee is non-refundable.
5. Submission Eligibility - The Monolith Medium Film Award accepts films completed in the year prior to the contest. For instance, in 2019, we will be accepting any films completed in 2018. In 2020, we will be accepting all films finished in 2019. Exceptions can be made, within reason.
6. Submission Format - All submissions must be made by online screener. No other formats will be accepted.
7. Exhibition Format - All films must provide a high quality, h.264 or .mov of their film.
8. Winners of the cash prize can accept their prize via PayPal, or Check. No other method of payment will be available.