MiraCom UK Film Awards (MCUFA) is a British Film Festival sponsored by MiraBan Ltd Company, founder of MiraBan UK Film Awards, which screened its winners at the Electric Cinema of London on the 7th December 2018.
MCUFA is a branch of MiraBan UK Film Awards giving Filmmakers mastering Comedy Feature and Shorts the opportunity to be noticed internationally.
Following the spirit with which MiraBan LTD founded its first festival, MCUFA's first mission is to draw worldwide attention to high quality British and International films.
MCUFA is one of the rare film festivals that wholeheartedly watch all its applicants' submissions and looks forward to celebrate their talent and originality with a public recognition in its prestigious venue: the Electric Cinema, 191 Portobello Rd, Notting Hill, London.
*MiraCom UK Film Awards
CERTIFICATE and WINNER LAUREL to the following Feature length categories:
Best UK Comedy Feature Film
Best International Feature Film
Best UK Comedy Short Film
Best International Short Film
*Special Prize: The winners of MiraCom UK Film Awards will also awarded as the winners of the Best Comedy Category at the II Edition MiraBan UK Film Awards.
For More Info, you search at: https://filmfreeway.com/MiraBanAwards
2019 MiraCom UK Film Awards - Rules and Terms
The following rules govern all film submissions to the MiraCom UK Film Awards:
1. Submissions must be accompanied by the applicable submission fee PER ENTRY and a completed online entry form. All films must have English subtitles at the time submitted.
2. Films must be submitted as an online streaming video via the participating submission platform (FilmFreeway).
3. In the event of a password change or link change after submitting, you must email the Festival at firstname.lastname@example.org immediately with that change so we may update your record. If the Festival is not notified of the change and the link is found to be inactive or the password to be incorrect, the submission may be deemed ineligible.
4. MiraCom UK Film Awards screens films as digital files during the Festival. In case of selection, you will be required to send us the link at the highest resolution.
5. Films of each category must have been completed after March 1, 2016. International short films only can submit if completed after March, 1 2017. Films must be available for screening online through MiraBan Website during the event dates of MiraCom UK Film Awards.
6. Selection for screening will be determined no later than 2 weeks prior to the festival.
7. Private invite-only screenings (for instance for cast and crew or donors) do not affect a film’s eligibility.
8. MCUFA reserves the right in its sole discretion to reject or disqualify any ineligible entries, without a refund.
9. Films that are selected to screen at the Festival may not necessarily be selected to be “in competition” for awards purposes. Notifications regarding potential selection for competition status possibly may occur subsequent to notifications of acceptance for exhibition.
10. Student films winning in the submitted category will be nominated and received online recognition like the professional categories.
11. Voluntary withdrawal of the film submitted is not eligible for refund.
Originality and Permissions; INDEMNITY
1. Films must be the original work of the applicants. If a film is based upon another person’s life or upon a book or other underlying work, applicant(s) must secure any necessary rights to make such adaptations. However, it is not necessary to submit the adaptation rights agreements to the Festival. Neither the Festival nor its jurists investigates or attests to the authenticity of an applicant’s statement of authorship or rights secured. By entering the competition, you represent that you have secured all necessary rights.
2. Applicants are solely responsible for obtaining all necessary rights and permissions for third-party materials included in their films, including but not limited to music, trademarks, logos, copyrights, and other intellectual property rights. MCUFA expressly disclaims all liability or responsibility for any violations of the foregoing.
1. We strongly recommend filmmakers to submit their film only after it is fully finished and will judge each submission as a completed work, whether it is or not.
Once a film is entered, we will not update the submission with a more recent cut. That said, because MCUFA's focus is on story, minor technical changes will not affect the final decision of any film. Should the film be accepted to play during the Festival, the filmmaker will have the opportunity to supply the Festival with their most recent version.
2. Once an entry payment has been received we cannot provide a refund. If a payment is disputed by an entrant for any reason, the entrant may be subject to any transaction fees or similar amounts incurred by MCUFA in connection with the dispute.
4. No check will be accepted to join the competition. Every payment must be secured through a trustworthy online payment platform.
The MiraCom UK Film Awards does NOT waive entry fees. MCUFA believes the same rules and entry fees should apply to all applicants so no one film is favored over another.
We understand the financial constraint of filmmaking and costs of submitting to festivals and we still hope you can find it in your budget to submit your film.
Selected Films and Winners
1. MCUFA has no obligation (other than as stated in these rules or on our website) to disclose any of the following information: i) identities of screeners or judges; ii) notes, feedback, or information relating to the submitted project; and/or iii) details regarding the submission review or selection process.
2. MCUFA explicitly disclaims any liability or responsibility for any comments, notes, or opinions expressed about a submission, whether by MUFA or by its volunteers.
3. Winners will be announced in May. The judges’ decision is final.
COMPETITION IS VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
I/We have read all of the rules, understand, and have complied with these rules.
I/We warrant the submission of my/our original work and that there are no disputes regarding the ownership of the submission.
I/We also warrant the submitted material does not defame or invade the rights of any person living or dead.
To the best of my/our knowledge, all the statements herein are true and correct.
I/We understand that failure to adhere to the competition rules and regulations will result in disqualification and forfeiture of entry fee.
I/We acknowledge that once an entry payment has been processed, MUFA will not provide a refund.
No revisions of materials will be accepted once entry has been submitted.
BY SUBMITTING THE MATERIAL, I/WE HEREBY AGREE TO INDEMNIFY, HOLD HARMLESS, AND DEFEND THE FESTIVAL, ITS EMPLOYEES, DIRECTORS, REPRESENTATIVES, AND AFFILIATES FROM ALL LIABILITY, CLAIMS, AND DAMAGES IN CONNECTION WITH THE SUBMISSION AND FROM ANY FEES AND EXPENSES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO REASONABLE ATTORNEYS’ FEES, THAT ANY OF THEM MAY INCUR IN CONNECTION THEREWITH