"Mastering others is strength, mastering yourself is true power."
10th MikroFAF: POWER EDITION
We invite DIY authors of all ages and professional backgrounds to submit their short films to the jubilee 10th edition of the international short film festival MikroFAF, organised by Satibara Association. This four-day festival will be held on October 10-13, at the Museum of Yugoslav Film Archive in Belgrade.
The categories you can submit your films for are:
1. Short DIY Film. It refers to films of all genres (fiction, documentary, animated, experimental...), topics and production techniques, made in non-professional circumstances, without the involvement of film professionals and without professional obligations during or after the production.
2. Independent Short Film. It refers to films that do not match the above mentioned DIY criteria because their making involved professionals, but were made in independent production, without commercial and producers' pressure.
3. Power Film. In order for something to endure until its 10th edition, it takes power - individual, collective, mental, and physical. First of all, it takes power of love and dedication. That's why this year's MikroFAF edition wants to pay special attention to films that celebrate positive and creative power. Also, we are interested in films that deal with fighting destructive power. Send us your films dealing with these topics, regardless their genre approach.
4. Junior Film. Since in the recent years one can notice both quantitative and qualitative advance regarding the participation of young filmmakers (up to 18 years old), in its jubilee edition MikroFAF introduces this special category, for the filmmakers who were not older than 18 at the moment of finishing submitted films.
Mikropolis Prizes - handmade statuettes - will be given by a three-member jury consisting of renowned artists from various areas of the arts.
1. Acceptable duration of short films is up to 15 minutes.
2. A maximum of three works can be submitted by each author.
3. There are no restrictions on the country of origin of the author.
4. Select only one category for one film.
5. Films that are not in Serbo-Croatian or English must have a translation (in one of the two languages mentioned).
Notes: Once entered, it is not possible to withdraw your film from the festival. The festival reserves the right to show the film several times as part of the selection of the festival program, as well as the use of clips or stills from the film for promotional purposes. Authors will be informed about any such actions.