Miguel Miller has a subtle, nuanced and wise imaginative approach to the art of filmmaking; he understands the power of narrative. Mr. Miller’s uniqueness is his characteristic non-conventional approach to storytelling. He is not afraid of making you uncomfortable with vivid moments by exploring the smallest instants, which feel insuperably big.
Growing up in the Dominican Republic surrounded by the grand scale of magical realism and its interesting characters. Miguel quickly developed a love for bringing images to life and writing creative realistic fiction. In his maturity he realized his passion centered in bringing thought and emotion together in his cinematic artistry.
He is personally engaged on making his stories and characters organic and unique.
Miguel Miller has worked on over 100 film projects, in different capacities such as writer, director, producer, assistant director, director of photography and more. His films have been screened in both domestic and international festivals, receiving vast award recognition.
Some of the most important festivals in which his films have been screened include:
• Cannes Film Festival,
• The London International Film Festival,
• Berlin Flash Film Festival,
• St.Tropiz International Film Festival
• Golden Door International Film Festival
• All Things Hollywood Film Festival,
• Lexington Film Festival
• Fresh Meet International Film Festival
• FARCUME: Festival Internacional de Curtas-Metragens de Faro
• Move Me Productions Belgium - Film Festival
• Cutting Room Film Festival,
• Whatashot Independent International Film Festival,
• Cypress International Film Festival
• Greece International Film Festival
• Direct Short Online Film Festival
Miguel has recently developed scripts for 3 Full feature productions. His filmography is vast and includes the following films:
• No Time to Change My Mind
• The Trisket
• Canonize Me
• X Yes X
• The Denied
• Tu Real Naturaleza
• Remember me Young
• Locus Est
• The Hastings