The Midlands Movies Awards is an annual awards ceremony for Midlands films and filmmakers. This annual event is planned to take place at Hansom Hall in Leicester on Saturday 2nd March 2019.
WHAT DO I DO?
We're looking to consider a whole range of Midlands-centric films, so if your work fulfils the terms and conditions listed below then please submit your local film using the forms on this page. Work can be submitted in as many of the 16 categories as you like but please consider which ones best fit your film where possible. It is also important to confirm your regional (Midlands) connection for the film you are nominating.
The final nominations will be announced in January 2019 and winners announced at the ceremony in early March 2019.
To tie in with the Academy Awards just a week before we hope these Midlands 'Oscars' will be a platform to honour the local films released in the past year – whether they be shorts, features, animation, documentaries and more.
The Midlands Movies Awards is brought to you by a group of film fans pooling the expertise of our volunteers whilst celebrating the creativity of artists and actors, and our collective passion for the movie community in the region.
1. Best Feature
2. Best Short
3. Actor in a Leading Role
4. Actress in a Leading Role
5. Actor in a Supporting Role
6. Actress in a Supporting Role
7. Animated Film
8. Costume & Makeup & Hairstyling
12. Music (Score or song)
14. Sound (Editing or Mixing)
15. Visual Effects
16. Writing (Original or adapted screenplay)
IMPORTANT - PLEASE READ
* Your submissions are FREE
* There's no limit to the number of categories a film can be submitted in
* Deadline for submissions is FRIDAY 21st DECEMBER 2018
* By submitting you formally agree for Midlands Movies to use clips of your film edited into the awards ceremony production (nomination reels AND pre & post awards promotional videos etc.) as required
* Films must have a significant connection to the Midlands region in writing, acting, directing or location. (A final decision will be made by Midlands Movies to see if the work fits the criteria).
* There's no limitations on your film being shown in other festivals - however, we are identifying films based upon the fact that a full version must have been shown to the public for the FIRST TIME (at a red carpet event, festival, general release or online in any form) between December 2017 to Dec 2018.
* The winners will receive a certificate and trophy
* Any film submitted as part of the 2018 Awards are NOT eligible to enter the 2019 awards.
* Final winners are decided by a panel of judges made up from the Midlands film industry (announced soon)
* The judges decision is final
For any queries about these terms or general questions about the awards please email email@example.com