Johannesburg-based screenwriter-filmmaker and member of the Writer's Guild of South Africa (formerly of LA and Tel Aviv). Screenwriting highlights include:
• A full adaptation deal (“He Died Alone in Tijuana” memoir).
• Helping an Israeli producer promote his slate of projects.
• Consulting with a celebrity on adapting his children’s series.
• 2019 WeScreenplay semi-finalist and Emmy-winning screenwriter's top rating for "Crossing Borders” (adaptation / true-life historical drama – currently with Kit Harington's team for the co-lead role).
• 2016 National Film and Video Foundation grant for "Affirmative Action" dramedy along with 2019 Muse Awards semi-finalist placing.
• 2022 production funding grant for “Eloise” experimental sci-fi short film (to be shot in 2023).
• "The Little Five" animated adventure under consideration by development execs working with Netflix, Paramount Animation and others.
I’ve written corporate videos for hi-tech companies and start-ups, including recently for a new venture capital fund's IPO ceremony at an overseas stock exchange. I’ve also done extensive article and copywriting, working with nonprofits, marketing agencies, investment firms and more. I founded a popular educational website and authored my own series of books.
Feel free to connect: www.linkedin.com/in/michael-celender/