Welcome to the Miami Screenplay Awards. We are an international screenwriting contest committed to discovering, cultivating, and endorsing talented new screenwriters from Miami and around the world. Our mission is to champion the best unknown screenwriters and help them reach their maximum potential on their way to a thriving career in the film industry. The quality of our contest is evident through the value we provide writers on a seasonal basis and the jury members we bring to the table.
EACH SCREENPLAY IS GUARANTEED A FULL READ AND ANALYSIS IS PROVIDED AS PART OF EACH AND EVERY ENTRY FEE. Join us this season and be a part of the Miami Screenplay Awards!
Feature, TV Pilot, and Short Screenplay Winners receive:
Introduction to a producer from the Screenplays Awards Network.
6 month mentorship to prepare the script for the marketplace
Detailed Script Notes And Rewrite Plans Straight From A Head Of Development
Media Exposure across multiple platforms
– All writers, without regard to age and country of origin, are eligible
– The material must be written in English and submitted as a PDF file. The file must not be encrypted or password protected.
– There is no limit to the number of competitions you may submit and the number of times you may submit one project.
– All entry fees are non-refundable.
– All submitted material must be original to the screenwriter.
– All copyright, ownership, and derivative rights to the material submitted remains with the original rights holders and/or author.
– The material submitted must not have been optioned or produced and must be fully owned by the screenwriters.
– All scripts should be written per industry-standard screenplay format.
– Prior winners cannot win the same contest twice, while there is no limit to the number of times a previous finalist, semi-finalist, and quarter-finalists may resubmit.
– Feature scripts should not exceed 130 pages. TV scripts should not exceed 75 pages. Short Scripts should not exceed 30 pages.