Metamora Film Festival (Online) is held 3x a year: spring, summer and fall. The festival showcases independent film from all over the world. We are specifically looking for documentaries and short narrative films that are meaningful, can tell a inspirational story, and has the power to make a difference in the world.
To submit your film:
1. Submit using FilmFreeway (fastest and easiest)
*PLEASE NOTE: Official Selections will need to provide one of the following for the online festival: A video file of your film (sent through We Transfer or similar), or a YouTube or Vimeo link.
Awards & Prizes
If your film is selected as an award winner, your film will be officially recognized on our film website and social media. We have a very active online presence and work hard to promote indie filmmakers. Metamora Films will also publish and distribute a press release to various press outlets with details on the winners.
We have also partnered with iPitch.TV! The winning film in each of our four categories will receive a FREE 1-year subscription ($299 value) to iPitch.TV which includes a platform for creators of original pitches for TV, Film & Digital Media to connect directly with Hollywood Producers and Studio Executives. In addition, each Official Selection will receive a FREE 3-month subscription ($117 value).
In addition, winning films will air on Portland, Oregon's 'Open Signal', a community TV station reaching over 400,000 homes in the Portland metro area.
*Summer, 2017 Winners Announced:
* Spring, 2017 Winners Announced:
Rules & Terms
1. The Metamora Film Festival does NOT accept films that contain nudity, sexually explicit material, or extreme violence.
2. The Metamora Film Festival proudly accepts documentaries and short films of all lengths. Films must have been produced within the last 5 years.
3. There will be four winning categories: Best documentary, best short film, best student film, and most inspirational film.
4. The Student category is open to students only. The submitted film must have been created while the film's director or directors were enrolled at a school, college, or university. Proof of enrollment, such a copy of a student I.D., must be included with the submission.
5. The festival organizers reserve the right to include selected films in any category deemed appropriate. Organizers also reserve the right to program selected films as many times during the festival as they see fit.
6. All submission fees paid by check, cash or money order must be in U.S. funds. Films submitted without the correct payment will be disqualified.