Finding the voice of a film, its tone, pace and path can be the hardest task a filmmaker undertakes. Some painful choices have to be made in all its creative phases.
It is a known fact that medium length films - films with a 30 to 60 minutes duration - usually struggle for visibility. They dont seem to fit the short film festival format nor the feature film valuable screening slots. For unconventional format films an unconventional minded festival.
Medium length cinema is a creative filmic space by its own right and one that we want to celebrate and explore. It's much more than a mere formal element. It can transcend a pre-built set of expectations about pace and structure and renew the spectators sense of excitement and discovery.
We meet in Lisbon, July 2021.
1) The selected and awarded films promotional material will be announced and viewable in our site and in our social media pages.
2) The winning films will receive a trophy
3) The awarded films rightful owners of the rights, in each category of every edition, hereby authorise the film’s live screening in MLFF Lisbon events. This authorisation is an indispensable condition for the inclusion in the festival’s official selection.
4) There can be, if the jury by its own quality so decides, two winners ex aequo in any of the categories.
5) The official selection is composed of winning films, the honorable mention recipients and a number of other offcially selected works.
6) MLFF Lisbon is held in Lisbon in July 2021.
7) There are five prize categories in our annual editions: Best Film; Best Debut Film; Best Directing; Best Acting and Best Screenplay.
1) The entrant/submitter/moviemaker hereby certifies that he possesses the right(s) and all of the proper clearances to submit the film, including, but not limited to image rights, talent releases, soundtrack and/or source music releases; and assumes all responsibility for their material. The MEDIUM LEGTH FILM FEST (MLFF)accepts no responsibility, financial or otherwise, for any movie submitted to the festival.
2) Every entry/submission will be judged based on its directing, acting, technical, and artistic merits, as related to the submission. All decisions made by the judge(s) are considered final and incontestable.
3)We reserve the right not to give all of the possible awards if we don’t receive enough entries in a particular category or if none of the submissions meet our high judging standards.
4) The MLFF only accept online screeners. Please submit them via FilmFreeway or any other suggested online platform. We do not accept discs or any downloadable files.
5) Check for specific submission prices in any of our suggested online platforms.
6) Entry fees are nonrefundable.
7) Multiple entries are allowed. You can submit more than one film to the same category.
8) Any entry will be considered eligible in the next edition only if the film was not awarded in the previous edition.
9) Submissions in languages other than English must be subtitled in English.
10) The english subtitles must be embeded in the film. No aditional srt files will be accepted.
11) We accept every kind of film released after 2012 with a duration between 30 and 60 minutes.
13) MLFF reserves the right to disqualify any film whose submitter might be in any way linked to illicit or criminal acts, proven or otherwise.