The Media Adventures International Film Festival seeks to recognize extraordinary efforts in film making.
Winners will be recognized on the Media Adventures website and with laurels to display when promoting their film.
Laurels will be awarded for: Audience Choice Best Screenplay, Outstanding Student Film, Most Exceptional Documentary, Best Music Video and Best Web Series. (Feedback is provided in the form of judging worksheets and any comments judges wish to provide for all submitted films.)
EARLY BIRD ENTRY DEADLINE: August 1, 2018
FINAL ENTRY DEADLINE: August 15th, 2018
FESTIVAL SCREENING: November 18th, 2018 Festival Date (Tentative Date).
To be considered for The Media Adventures International Film Festival:
Your film must be not more than sixty (60) minutes in length.
The entry must have been completed between January 1, 2013 and August 15th, 2017. The entry must not have been submitted before in the category or categories in which you are entering in 2016.
You must possess creative control of the submitted work, or must have written approval from the appropriate individual or entity.
Your film must either be in English or have English subtitles.
For each category you choose to enter:
(1) Complete your online Entry using FilmFreeway. Only entries submitted using FilmFreeway will be accepted. All instructions must be followed carefully to avoid disqualification.
(2) Entries must be available in their entirety for the duration of the festival and for a period lasting at least 30 days after the award winners are announced. If you are selected as a finalist we will request the ability to download your film or have you submit a file to us using a private Vimeo or YouTube link for screening at the festival. You must comply with this request in a timely manner in order for your film to be screened at the festival. Media Adventures will not be responsible for entrants who fail to meet this obligation within at least two weeks of the final festival date. (If you have any questions, email or call Michael Helgens at email@example.com (319)821-0682)
(3) By submitting your entry you agree to allow Media Adventures to publicly post or exhibit your entry in part (for promotional purposes) or in it's entirety for the purposes of screening your film at the festival (agreeing to this term only permits the screening of your film if it is chosen as a finalist).
(4) Please make sure that you have tested your submission before submission to ensure it plays and is free from corruption artifacts.
(5) If you have any questions, email Michael R. Helgens at firstname.lastname@example.org
(6) Media Adventures assumes no liability for entries. Entrants are responsible for all applicable rights and permissions. Media Adventures reserves the right to refuse entries and/or refund fees at its discretion. It is the responsibility of the filmmaker or submission contact to ensure that all requirements are met. The festival retains the right to disqualify an entry, with no refunded fee, if submission guidelines are not met.
There are up to two rounds of judging:
In the primary round, Media Adventures will screen all entries and select nominees.
The entries are rated on how well they achieve their stated objectives as well as the creative and technical elements relative to the category.
Entries will be objectively judged and feedback will be provided to each entrant.
After awards have been determined all of the films earning awards will be screened at the actual festival where the Audience will choose the Audience Choice Award winner
Response from festival:
Kelly, you were avid on social networking and a constant force for ensuring that people were not only paying attention to your film, but to the goings on at the festival as well. You're what we all strive to be as filmmakers and we're happy to have been associated with you. Thank you!