Founded by two independent filmmakers who learned first-hand how hard it can be to find an independent film an audience, Manhattan Film Festival has become one of the largest, truly independent film festivals in the world. MFF has a seventeen-year history of fearless programming. Hosted in the media capital of the world, they have never backed down, and will always defend and promote the creative freedom of independent filmmakers.
The festival will again be hosted at Cinema Village just steps from Union Square. The famous Cinema Village marquee has been featured in film and television productions including Martin Scorsese’s “The Departed” and David Chase’s “The Sopranos.”
MFF has been named by MovieMaker Magazine as one of the “Coolest Film Festivals in the World,” “25 Film Festivals Worth the Entry Fee," and "Top 100 Best Reviewed" on FilmFreeway!
• All film submissions are non-returnable unless sent with a self-addressed stamped envelope.
• If a film is accepted, filmmakers will be responsible for delivering their exhibition materials by a date determined by the festival or to and from festival venues.
• The Manhattan Film Festival is not liable for submission or exhibition materials which are lost or damaged.
• Filmmaker must have all clearances including trademark and/or copyrighted materials shown must have authorized permission. Filmmaker remains entirely liable for any claims that may occur in result of screening the film.
• Filmmaker authorizes the Manhattan Film Festival permission to screen their film at the festival.
• The festival must receive the exhibition copy by the date specified in order to screen the film