Surrounded by a rich musical and southern culture, the Macon Film Festival celebrates independent films while promoting filmmaking for entertainment, inspiration, education, and economic development.
After another record-breaking year in 2018, the Macon Film Festival is heading into its 14th year with a four-day festival planned for August 15th - 18th. The Macon Film Festival screens independent films from around the world in multiple historic theaters in the city's downtown district. The festival features film screenings, celebrity guests, special screenings, and workshops throughout the festival weekend.
The 2019 call for submissions will open in mid September and will run through early April 2019.
The Melvyn Douglass 'Best in Show' Award: $1,100.00
Best of 'Music' Category: $1,000.00
Best of 'Georgia Made' Category: $1,000.00
Best of 'Narrative Feature' Category : $1,000.00
Best of 'Documentary' Category: $1,000.00
Best of 'Narrative Shorts' Category: $800.00
Best of 'LGBT' Category: $800.00
Best of 'Virtual Reality Shorts': $800.00
Best of 'Student Shorts' Category: $500.00
The Karen Black Audience Choice - Narrative Feature: $500.00
Audience Choice - Narrative Short: $500.00
Audience Choice - Documentary: $500.00
1. Submission Formats: Online screeners must be embedded in each film's FilmFreeway submission profile. DVD submissions, download links, or stand-alone links will not be accepted.
Only completed entry packets will be processed and considered for festival presentation. A complete entry packet includes:
-- An online screener embedded in a FilmFreeway submission. Passwords are encouraged.
-- Completed submission online form (Macon Film Festival is not responsible for incorrect wording in publications or on awards if the entry form is incorrect.)
-- Submission fee (made payable to Macon Film Festival)
-- Digital Press kit (2 Hi-Resolution JPEG stills from the film. )
-- Brief film synopsis
-- Just to repeat, DVD submissions will not be accepted.
2. Each entry must be a separate submission. If you select more than one film category for your film you must pay the full entry fee for each category.
3. Student films must include a copy of a current student ID or proof of current enrollment. Copies of student ids can be e-mailed to email@example.com.
4. Complete submission packets must be postmarked by deadline dates below.
-- Early Deadline - October 15, 2018
-- Regular Deadline - February 1, 2019
-- Late Deadline - March 4, 2019
-- Extended Deadline - April 4, 2019
5. Works in progress are not encouraged. Submissions will be jurored in the state they are received.
6. To qualify for the 2019 Macon Film Festival submissions must have been completed after May 31, 2017. Submissions completed prior to May 31, 2017 will not be accepted.
7. All official selection films selected to be in competition for the 2019 festival will not be eligible to receive screening fees.
8. Official selection filmmakers are required to provide one digital file of their official selection film for festival screenings. Digital screener files must be either Pro-Res or H.264 file formats. Hard copies of the film will also be accepted in Blu-ray or DVD NTSC format. PAL formatted DVDs are not accepted.
9. If your film is selected as an official submission the cost of shipping hard copies of festival screeners to the Festival must be paid by the entrant. Collect or COD shipments will not be accepted.
10. All international entries must be sent with all transportation charges, duties, and taxes prepaid by the shipper. Fees charged to the Macon Film Festival will be refused. Be sure to include the proper customs documentation required by your shipping service.
11. Official selection screeners will NOT be returned unless the submission filmmaker provides a self addressed stamped envelope. No exceptions.
12. Entrant confirms and warrants required legal authority to submit the entry into the Festival and to use all music, images and content in the entry. Entrant will allow usage of clips from the entry for promotional use on television, radio, in print, and at live Festival events.
13. By submitting the filmmaker confirms that they are duly authorized to submit the film to the Macon Film Festival without the consent of any third party (or, if the consent of other parties is required, all of them are also signing this Agreement).
14. By submitting the filmmaker confirms and warrants required legal authority to submit the entry into the Festival. The film does not violate any copyright, trademark or other intellectual property right of any person or entity. Releases for music, images, content and talent must be obtained by the filmmaker. The Macon Film Festival is not liable for copyright infringement or unauthorized use.