The 2019 MUD AND SALTWATER SHORT FILM FEST is your chance to spread your creative wings and celebrate the environmental, cultural and heritage values of Roebuck Bay (6 categories), Broome and the wider Kimberley region.
What is especially unique about the Mud and Saltwater Short Film Fest, is the opportunity to see though your camera lens and connection to country and unique lifestyle, the natural, cultural and heritage values of Roebuck Bay, Broome and the Kimberley Region WA.
Films entered can be up to 5 minutes in duration (including credits) and must have subject matter that relates to the natural , cultural and heritage values of Roebuck Bay, Broome and the wider Kimberley Region of Western Australia.
The screenings of the Mud and Saltwater Short Film Festival will be at the historic Sun Pictures in Broome during the famous Shinju Matsuri Festival of the Pearl in September 2019.
Be a part of this iconic Kimberley Short Film Festival - the Mud and Saltwater Short Film Fest. Submit your Short Film from 18th May, 2019.
Prizes for the award winning films to be announced soon.
To enter your Film in the Mud and Saltwater Short Film Fest 2019, which is run by the Roebuck Bay Working Group Inc (RBWG), you (the Producer) must:
- Submit a Film that is related in subject matter to the natural, cultural or heritage values in the Category of 'Roebuck Bay' (has seven sub-categories), 'Broome' or 'Kimberley Calling' (subject matter relating to wider Kimberley region). Films submitted that don't have Roebuck Bay, Broome or Kimberley WA as their subject matter WILL NOT be considered.
- Complete your film entry on www.filmfreeway.com/festival/MUDandSALT website and upload the film by the 31st July 2019.
- By submitting your Film to FilmFreeway, the Producer has entered the Film and accepts the Rules & Terms set out below.
2. Judging of Films
Films will be chosen as finalists for viewing and judging, for the 2019 Mud and Saltwater Short Film Fest in Broome.
Shortlisted Films are judged prior to the Film Fest by a panel of judges chosen by the Roebuck Bay Working Group. The judges are asked to use their own judgement and seek creativity, talent, sound directing, writing and producing.
3. Producer’s Representations and Warranties
The Producer hereby represents & warrants to Mud and Saltwater Short Film Fest that:
- All the performers in the Film have consented in writing (signed talent request forms) to the use of their performances in the Film entered.
Indigenous cultural and intellectual property (ICIP) rights
- The Producer and Mud and Saltwater Short Film Fest acknowledge the existence of ICIP Rights of the Indigenous participants in the Film. The Producer agrees and undertakes to endeavour to ensure that the ICIP Rights of Indigenous participants are respected and upheld in the production and all aspects of distribution of the Film.
In the event that The Producer wishes to include ICIP Rights material in the Film, The Producer shall take responsibility to obtain a non-exclusive licence from the ICIP Rights holder/s or custodian/s to include such ICIP Rights materials in the Film.
- The Producer has the sole and full right and authority to accept the Rules & Terms and enter into this agreement and grant the rights in the agreement;
- The Film complies with the Rules & Terms;
The Producer grants permission for the Mud and Saltwater Short Film Fest to utilise the Film for broadcasting, promotion and ticket and DVD / Flash Drive (USB) sales, to support the running of the Mud and Saltwater Short Film Fest;
- The Producer has permission to reproduce and exploit all third party materials (and / or the results and proceeds of all third party services) contained in the Film or upon which the Film is based;
- The Producer has permission or copyright in the sound recordings comprising the soundtrack of the Film and the music, lyrics reproduced;
- The Producer has from each contributor for the Film, a written release to use the results and proceeds of the contributor’s services, without limiting the right to edit, alter and/or reproduce the results and proceeds of the contributor by the Producer or Mud and Saltwater Short Film Fest, assignees and licensees;
- The Producer will pay costs related to Film entry in Mud and Saltwater Short Film Fest;
- All details submitted in the entry form by the Producer are true and correct;
- All payments to contributors in connection with the Film have been paid;
- No part of the Film is, or will be, actionable for defamation or violate any right of privacy or publicity of any person.
4. General License
The custodianship of Films by the Mud and Saltwater Short Film Fest lasts for the duration of the 2019 Film Fest, which can include rescreening events, use of the film for advertising and securing funding from ticket sales and DVD / Flash Drive (USB) sales to support the running of the Mud and Saltwater Short Film Fest. Films may also be uploaded to the Mud and Saltwater Short Film Fest website, and PANDORA, Australia’s Web Archive, which was set up by the National Library of Australia in 1996 to enable the archiving and provision of long-term access to online Australian publications that they consider have national significance.
5. Dubbing/Subtitling/Editing *
The Producer acknowledges that Mud and Saltwater Short Film Fest, its assignees and licensees, shall have the right to dub and/or subtitle and to cut and/or edit the Film in any fashion that Mud and Saltwater Short Film Fest deems necessary, including, without limitation, for the purpose of television broadcast or line distribution, packaging the Film with other Mud and Saltwater Short Film Fest films, to comply with broadcasting statutory censorship practices, standards or regulations or as otherwise may be required by law in any applicable country where the Film may be exhibited.
Mud and Saltwater Short Film Fest, may, in its sole discretion, disqualify a Film from the Film Fest if there is a reason to believe a Film does not, for any reason, comply with the Rules & Terms.
The Producer agrees to indemnify Mud and Saltwater Short Film Fest and hold them harmless from any damages, liabilities, losses, costs, expenses, obligations or claims arising out of the breach of the Producer’s agreements, obligations, presentations and warranties under this Agreement.
8. Additional Documents
The Producer hereby agrees to supply any additional documents (e.g. copyright for music, actors release etc...) if Mud and Saltwater Short Film Fest, requests.