MOMO International Film Festival is an independent film festival, located in Los Angeles California, which is the Movie Capital of the World. Let's celebrate the diversity of international cinema in the city that has been continuously shaping this industry and art form the beginning of its history. By combining a vibrant local social scene with a state-of-the-art cinema, every filmmaker and film lover is sure to be impressed and delighted with the theater and surrounding location. Our vision for the MOMO International Independent Short Film Festival is that it will become an annual 'must do' for Filmmakers who wish to combine networking, brainstorming, soaking up great films and chilling in one of the most desirable spots on this Planet. MOMO International Film Festival provides the kind of intimate festival experience that will change your life. Our aim is become a haven for independent filmmakers from throughout the world. Our main goal is to increase your audience reach and engagement. We believe that every film we watch, shapes the future of the industry and the world around it.
We can't wait to watch all of your submissions!
According to our beliefs, creating a film is an amalgamation of many obstacles and factors. Because of this difficult undertaking, it is a job to be appreciated and honoured. With this in mind, we believe all submitted films should inherently be considered as winners. Being filmmakers ourselves, we know how challenging it can be to make a movie. And beyond that we understand the importance of delivering the film to an audience. Above all else, our reward for your submitted film is to showcase it to a live audience on a real screen in the heart of the movie world.
* The depiction of animal abuse whether real or implied is not acceptable and will lead to automatic disqualification and loss of entry fee.
* MOMO IIFF has no festival premiere eligibility requirements. Shorts that have screened at other festivals are still eligible.
* MOMO IIFF has no public or internet broadcast eligibility requirements. If your short has screened on Vimeo etc, it is still eligible.
* Changes to submitted films will only be accepted if accompanied by a new submission fee.
* The decision of the selection committee is final.
* Stills of selected films may also be shown on the Festival website and publicity/promo material including press releases, festival brochures and other materials.
* All entry fees are non-refundable.
* Entrants are responsible for securing all rights and permissions from copyright and other holders relating to their short.
* MOMO IIFF reserves the right to update or modify these terms and policies without prior notice.
* You must own all the rights to the film or have permission to use any songs included in your film.
* You agree to promote our festival on any and all social media pages.
* We retain the right to change the date and venue of the festival under special circumstances. All filmmakers will be informed about any changes through email and our online platforms.
* By submitting to us, you give us consent and right to screen your film in front of a live audience, and, under special circumstances, online screening.
* Films submitted after the listed final deadline add a $10 late fee.
* Short films must not exceed 30 minutes.
* Any technical issues with the submitted films are 100% the responsibility of the filmmakers. If, at the time of judging, your video file doesn’t work or doesn’t have English subtitles (if in a language other than English), it will be automatically rejected, without a refund. Please contact the festival team ASAP if there are any issues with the submission process, and a solution will be found.
* By submitting to us you agree to our terms and conditions and to receiving marketing newsletters and discounts about film festivals in the form of emails. We will never sell your information to third parties.
* We reserve the right to update our terms and conditions.
* Submissions must be in English or have English subtitles at the time submitted.