This year Montecatini International Short Film Festival doubles ... After several years of intensive work with the kids in the field of cinema literacy with numerous workshops and laboratories comes a special section of the festival dedicated to children and teenagers, MISFF4YOU, to be held in Montecatini Terme (PT) March 16 to 20 in 2016.
Best Shor Film Animation for children
Best Short Fiction for children
Art. 1 Who can participate:
• Films suitable for children / teenagers aged 6 to 12 years.
• Films produced after January 1, 2014.
• Films no longer than 40 minutes.
• Works already presented in other Italian or foreign events can participate.
• All films must be subtitled in English (films in English must have the English dialogue list attached)
Art. 2 Competitive sections:
1. International Competition: addressed to filmmakers from around the world.
Art. 3 Genres:
Art. 4 Awards:
• Best Short Animation for children
• Best Short Fiction for children
Art. 5 How to submit:
To participate at Festival it is necessary to submit a film films suitable to the criteria of the present rules through one of the following platforms (choice of the filmmaker):
Together with the film you must submit the following documents:
1. A copy of the film for screening must be available on the platform chosen for submission
3. Subtitle file in English (.txt o .srt)
4. Poster of the film (.jpg)
5. Foto of the Director (.jpg)
6. Stills of the film (.jpg)
7. Only for selected films: Italian subtitles are required. If you don’t have the festival can provide Italian subtitled at cost of 1,00 euro / 1 minute (minimum 10 euro for each film).
Art. 6 Submission deadline: 25 February 2016
Art. 7 Submission fee: 15 € (17 $)
Art. 8 Upon registration of the film at the festival the author states:
• I have read, understood and fully respect all information of eligibility standards for enrollment, conditions and requirements;
• To the best of my knowledge, all the information I entered during the registration of the work are true;
• This work is not subject to any dispute, nor is threatened by any litigation;
• I am duly authorized to make this work at the festival;
• I certify that I have the full right to the use of music in the work that I entered;
• Authorize to use stills, titles, copy, and / or information of the film for promotional purposes;
• Authorize the artistic commissions and the jury charged by the Festival organization, including the popular juries, to watch the film directly on the platforms;
• Authorize to screen the film at the Festival and at any presentation of the Festival, programs, side and promotional events at any location in the world as long as organized or participated and authorized by the The Festival organization;
• Attention: We do not pay any screening fees for screening during the festival, programs or events. If the film-makers require any payment for the screening, the film will not be accepted.