8th edition of MiamiWidescreenfest
NOVEMBER 19, 2022
Miami Widescreenfest Awards
Manuel Artime Theater performing Arts
Our Mission is to motivate, inspire, filmmakers, to share their films focus on the arts and artists and cultivate the careers of film directors, animators, producers, screenwriters, and actors working in the independent film area. With the goal to nurture new talent and support the work of culturally diverse, emerging filmmakers. Our focus is on the needs of both filmmakers and our audiences to create a connection for the love of films.
Our purpose is to help to contribute to the evolution of motion picture and to encourage development of storytellers to discover and develop independent throughout the world.
LIGHT, CAMERA, ACTION!
The 8th edition MIAMIWIDESCREENFEST 2022 ™
This award will be given during the fourth Film Miami Fest that will be held NOVEMBER 19, 2022.
Creating connections for best local filmmakers and from around the world.
Miami Widescreenfest is working together with Film Miami Fest to continue recognizing the best filmmakers from the around the world.
CATEGORIES AND AWARDS:
Best Inspirational and Motivational
Certificates will be given to all the winners.
Audience and Judges Award
Trophies will be given by the audience and Judges.
Best Inspirational and Motivational
Entry rules and regulations:
SCREENING NOVEMBER 19, 2022
1. Miami Widescreenfest ™ is in English language. Therefore, the shorts must have subtitles in English.
2. The call is open to everyone, from anywhere, and any nationality.
3. The duration of the works must not be more than 15 minutes (including credits). The documentaries have a maximum length of 30 minutes.
4. The genre and subject matter are elective but we consider the importance of the theme selected for this year's festival: "principles". But we are open for any theme.
5. Each contestant may submit as many works as they want, but each of these works will be sent it independently, and with their corresponding payment and registration form. Miami Film Fest assumes the contestants own the rights to the submitted work, for what it does not assume any responsibility derived in this end on the part of the competitors.
6. All music and other copyrighted material used in films must be properly licensed.
7. The short shipping costs shall be borne by the participants.
8. The shorts that can participate should have been produced between 2009 and 2022.
9. The works can be produced in any video format (H264 and AAC for Audio, and minimum 1920 x 1080 resolution).
10. To make registration effective, it is essential to send: two (2) copies of each work in DVD (NTSC) with title, name of the director and/or producer (one copy with subtitles and one without.) or send the link to our email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The contestant can send the work by postal mail or can do it by e-mail sending the URL (link) of the video on Youtube or Vimeo (if it is private send the protection's code). Miami Film Fest accepts videos via FilmFreeway.com
11. All works submitted, whatever shipping method used, must be accompanied by the following documentation that you can find in the website of Miami Film Fest (www.filmmiamifest.org):
12 Registration sheet. You MUST add an address, phone number, email and the name of the Director or the person who own the film.
13. Film Miami Fest reserves the right to determine the eligibility of the projects submitted.
14. Once submitted, a film cannot be withdrawn from consideration.
15. Film Miami Fest does not provide any reimbursement for works that are not selected. The works will not be returned.
16. A committee will select, from among all the short films received, those who are finalists (between 10 and 20 shorts). They will be part of the festival program.
17. The jury, composed by professionals of the film world and television of Miami, shall elect 5 works from those pre selected. In a second phase, the jury will deliberate to determine the winners.
18. The winners will be unveiled during the ceremony of closing of Film Miami Fest in OCT 8-9, 2022.
19. The participants grant to Film Miami Fest the rights to exhibit the works publicly without notice or compensation.
20. The finalist’s works will enter to the Film Miami Fest Web site: www.filmmiamifest.org
21. By submitting your film, you are giving authorization to Film Miami fest to use your film and your information for promotion of the festival.
22. The participants accept that their name and identity can be revealed in this event by a descriptive text or comment.
23. The participants accept Miami Film Fest can use your image for non-commercial use of the festival.
24. The participant must waive to impute to WIDESCREENFEST, INC, any legal claim, losses, obligations, damages and expenses (including but not limited to attorney's fees and court costs) that they may incur by reason of any claim involving copyrights.
25. The breach in the shipment of the requested material can leave short film out of the competition and there is no refund of the fee paid.
26. If you submitted a film with incorrect or false information, Film Miami Fest reserves the right to disqualify the film and the entry fee will not be returned.
27. Miami Widescreenfest reserves the right to modify these rules.