BCC Evolution presents the 3rd Annual Film Festival focusing on Mental Health and Suicide Awareness.
Last year we went International and brought films and their makers from all over the world including Nederland, Ireland, Canada, Vietnam, Malaysia, and the USA. With entries across the globe. All these inspiring films brought awareness to so many aspects of mental health, suicide, substance abuse and different types of therapy.
Our mission for this film festival is to continue the conversation around mental health and suicide awareness and start to break down the stigma centered around these topics. We are looking to invoke emotions, thoughts, and conversations from the audience.
The winning films and their makers will be showcased on our website for 1 year after the festival if they choose.
For more info or sponsor this event: www.bccevolution.org/annual-film-festival
Best Overall Film
All films must be related to Mental Health illnesses, conditions, types of therapies or related to mental health in some fashion. Or related to suicide ideology, awareness, or prevention. Biography or documentary on a loved one who died by suicide or the story of a survivor, warrior or one left behind or the journey through grief. The goal of the festival is to provide support, education, and hope in light of these tragedies.
Short films only please, nothing over 30 mins as we will only be picking 12 total films to fit in a 3-hour time frame.
This festival, as with last year, will be streamed to a private YouTube link and limited in person due the continued COVID-19 situation across the world to be able to share the important messages of Mental Health and Suicide Awareness. Only ticket holders will have access to watch these films and it will be streamed to the private YouTube group. Will not be available to the public.
Film Festival will be available for viewing 24 hours after the Live film festival to give access to ticket holders across the world in different time zones time to view. After 24 hours the link will no longer be available for viewing.
The Festival will take every reasonable precaution to store all works securely and preclude any unauthorized recording; the Zoom app itself offers many security features to prevent the public from recording exhibition content. However, with new technologies becoming available, we cannot be held liable for any acts of piracy that may occur.
By submitting your film, take note that:
- You agree to use parts of your film (including trailer/teaser/film poster) for promotional purpose.
- Entry fees are non-refundable.
- You must own all the rights to the film.
- We only accept submissions through FilmFreeway.
- We only accept digital submissions (i.e. private Vimeo link or similar online video service).
- All submissions in languages other than English must be subtitled in English.
- We reserve the right to make changes to our format at any time prior to the festival.
- The Festival is not responsible for any claim involving copyright, trademark, credits, or royalty infringement related to the work.