MaMoFF (Malpensa Moto Film Festival) is an international moto-thematic film festival. It will be the first festival of this kind to born in a territory that, since the biginning of the last century, has expressed the excellence in bike’s sector, doing it worldwide, and on all fronts: iconic brands and unforgettable champions were born here; here has flourished an industry which, through experience and quality, has managed to become legendary tradition. The territory of Malpensa, moreover, for its natural conformity, seems made for being traveled on two wheels.
MaMoFF was born with the aim of further valorizing this area and its motorcycle culture. The world of motorcycles is made up of speed and technique, passion and adrenaline. Here it also represents economic, aesthetic and cultural excellence. MaMoFF will be a multiplier of visibility of all this, but it will also be a contest of moto-thematic short films. Because icons demand the best representation, and cinema is the medium that, more than any other, can pay homage to certain Divas.
It will be 5 days of culture and entertainment, reviews and awards, guests of honor, sports performances, exhibitions, shows, concerts, workshops. The declinations will be manifold, but everything will revolve around a single theme: the motorbike, observed from all sides, and from all corners of the world.
The festival will bring hundreds of people to our area, including motorcyclists, film buffs, artists, journalists, entrepreneurs, tourists and the curious, through a series of events of great attraction.
For this reason, MaMoFF aims to become, already from this first edition, a point of reference in the cultural, tourist and sporting panorama.
The Artistic Direction will select, among the works received, those that will become part of the festival program. All the selected short films will be included in the catalog produced by the Festival and in the projection program. The Artistic Direction will choose the finalist short films, which will compete for 4 festival prizes, awarded by the Juries.
The choice of the winners is at the discretion of the Juries, each of which will express only one winner.
The juries will be four: the Quality Technical Jury, composed of professionals from the film and motorcycle sector, will award the BEST SHORT FILM AWARD; the Popular Jury, composed of an audience selected in 12 municipalities in the area, will award the AUDIENCE AWARD; the Student Jury, made up of local cinema's students, will award the SCHOOLS AWARD; the Moto Club Jury, made up of members of the Italian Motorcyclist Federation, will award the MOTOCLUB AWARD.
The Technical Jury of Quality, if it deems it appropriate, reserves the right to assign honorable mentions to the works considered worthy
Juries will award the following prizes:
- Best Short Film Award: Original Artwork + one week stay in Venice
- Audience Award: Original Artwork + one week stay in Venice
- Schools Award: Original Artwork + one week stay in the tourist area of Malpensa
- Moto Club Award: Original Artwork + one week stay in the tourist area of Malpensa
- Short films made by Italian and foreign authors, produced by individuals or groups of people, of a maximum duration of 25 minutes (including titles) can participate
- Films, of any cinematographic genre, must contemplate the presence of motorcycles (including e-bikes) and be related to speed and / or movement
- Participants must declare that they have the copyright of the presented work
- The authors are responsible for the content of the works presented and for the dissemination by them of non-original music protected by copyright
- The submitted works will not be returned and will remain available to the MaMoFF archive and to the Motorcycle Museum and School, which will be able to use the images for promotional, cultural and non-profit purposes for the three years following the date of the festival.
- All works of a racist or defamatory nature will be automatically rejected
- If not in Italian, the shorts must be subtitled in Italian or English.
- The works sent will be selected by the Artistic Direction
- All the short films selected will be included in the catalog produced by the Festival and in the screening program
- The Artistic Direction will choose the finalist short films, which will compete for 4 festival prizes, awarded by the Juries.
- The choice of the winners is at the discretion of the Juries, each of which will express only one winner
- Submission requires the payment of a fee of € 15.
- The deadline for sending the material is set for 20 August 2020.
- The works, in high quality digital format, must be uploaded to the FilmFreeway platform, following all the technical specifications required and consenting to the processing of the authors' personal data.
- Each competitor may submit only one work produced after January 1, 2015.
- The authors of the selected short films will be notified by e-mail and must send the signed release form authorizing the Festival for the projection and non-profit dissemination of the film.
- The authors of the selected short films will be promptly notified.
- To the authors selected for the projection, the Organization will request the shipment on line of a high quality file, with the technical specifications suitable for the projection on the big screen
- The finalists will be responsible for the quality and integrity of the submitted file.