We are M3 Creative Studio. We love film and we love writers. In fact, we care so deeply about developing the next generation of writers from the U.S. and abroad that we founded what we hope will be one of the most prestigious screenwriting competitions in the world for serious writers.
What Makes the Script Competition Different?
The primary objective of the script competition is to advance the careers of competition finalists and show their work on screen.
Every work submitted is read with a keen perspective on quality and artistic expression. Artistic standards are extremely high, but neither intended budget nor prior notoriety is a determining factor—the art must shine through. This approach brings significant prestige, satisfaction and credibility to writers whose works are accepted as finalists.
Our focus with this competition is to find screenplay projects by up-and-coming filmmakers and screenwriters to increase recognition and gain industry exposure.
Script fully produced. Value over $25,000
Here is last years winner: https://youtu.be/jhPj935zYwE
1. Scripts must be written in English. Films may originate from anywhere in the world. However, if the film has dialogue which is required to understand the narrative in any language other than English, then English subtitles must be included.
2. Entrant must be 18 years of age or older. (Entrants between the ages of 13 to 18 may enter with a written letter of consent from a legal guardian.
3. All rights to the submitted material will remain with the entrant. The contest administrators and operators DO NOT claim any rights to the material submitted to the competition.
4. Entry fees must be paid in US Dollars and are nonrefundable.
5. We reserve the right to change any script due to financial obligations with filming. Such as props, location, and number of pages. 1. Electronic entries must be accompanied by the following:
Completed official entry form.
An entry fee, as specified for each contest, in U.S. dollars if entering before the Early Deadline; an increased entry fee, as specified for each contest, in U.S. dollars if entering after the Early Deadline but before the Final Deadline.
One completed, original screenplay, teleplay or short script in standard industry format (with a fully-executed title page) submitted as a PDF; Or, link to one web series episode or short film. NOTE: You may enter as many times as you like. However, each entry must be made online separately with a separate entry form and entry fee, as indicated above. Applications will only be accepted online. Submitted material will not be returned.
2. Submissions must be an original work of the applicant and not based, in whole or part, on another author’s work (unless underlying material is in public domain or underlying rights are in applicant’s possession).
5. Submissions may not be under option or with attachment(s) at the time of entry nor at the time the material is chosen as a Finalist or Grand Prize winner. If said submission has been optioned or sold during the judging period, the contestant will automatically be disqualified.
6. Judging consists of two rounds: Semifinals and Finals. Applicants will be notified of their advancement via email and at m3creative.com on the Notification Dates.
7. Applicant understands creative revisions may be required. Applicant also understands that if chosen as a finalist it is a requirement to sign both a general release and a W-9 tax form to receive all prizes.
8. M3 Creative reserves the right to grant less than or no awards, at its sole discretion, if a lesser number of, or no entries meet the submissions requirements and/or industry standards of excellence.
9. M3 Creative reserves the right to revoke or disqualify any finalist for a) breach of these terms, b) unprofessional behavior, as deemed by M3 Creative.
10. No Refunds.