*due to covid-19, December 2020 Lovesick Film Festival will be held online.
Lovesick Film Festival focuses on films that deal with relationships: whether romantic or platonic. Buddy comedy or intense family drama. Make us laugh, make us cry, make us feel something for your characters.
We create an atmosphere for filmmakers to showcase quality independent films, focusing on the art of short storytelling.
We also offer networking opportunities in a relaxed setting with like minded film professionals. The festival is hosted in Jersey City New Jersey; with Q&A sessions following the film blocks and an after party following the screenings, that includes networking for actors, screenwriters and filmmakers..
Submit your short film, documentary, music video, trailer, or web series, 10 minutes or less. The selected films will screen at the festival.
Our film festival tests how well filmmakers can tell a strong concise story in 10 minutes or less.
Winner will be selected by a jury and a trophy will be presented at the festival
LOVESICK FILM FESTIVAL (LFF) SUBMISSION RULES
1. LFF competition is open to the United States and International entries.
2. Screenplays must be in pdf, rtf, or txt format. Any other format might be disqualified (without refund). Short films must submit online preview screeners.
3. Films must be under 10 minutes, otherwise they will be disqualified [without refund]. Screenplays must be under 10 pages, otherwise they will be disqualified [without refund].
4. Foreign language entries must have English language subtitles.
5. Entries must have been completed in the past 5 years.
6. Applicants may submit as many entries as they wish, as long as each entry has a separate entry form and fee.
7. Entries must include contact information, with both an email address and phone number if possible. Any physical materials mailed in, must be labeled with submitter contact information.
8. For physical materials submitted, please submit in sturdy containers and/or bubble wrap to avoid damage. No fiber filled envelopes. Materials will not be returned to the submitters.
9. LFF has the right to screen any film or projects submitted to the LFF.
10. In order to receive any award trophy, should they be given, the project's producer or director must be present, unless a physical festival is not held. In the instance of an award certificate, those might be mailed.
11. If [a film is] officially selected, it is the responsibility of the submitter to send the festival their film in digital format, as requested by festival.
12. Screening copies and marketing materials will not be returned to the submitter, unless a pre-paid return mailer is included.
13. All decisions made by the festival are final and at their discretion.