The Love Your Shorts Film Festival celebrates short films in Sanford, Florida (located just twenty minutes north of Orlando).
We screen only short films under 30 minutes in length. Films are divided into different blocks for screening and the audience votes for their favorites.
The winning films from each block advance to a final block for a panel of judges to pick the overall festival winner. Winners of each block earn the festival's award, the "Monroe," an original piece of metal artwork named after Sanford's Lake Monroe.
At the end of each block a brief Q&A session is conducted between the filmmakers and audience members.
During the weekend LYSFF also hosts:
- Education Day, designed for seasoned and amateur filmmakers
- Opening Night Party exclusive to filmmakers and sponsors
- Filmmakers Panel
- Sunday Filmmakers Brunch
- After Party at one of Sanford's famous watering holes
To support, promote and recognize the art of short film and its artists.
The winner of each competition block will receive a cash prize of $400 and our prized accolade called the "Monroe," which is an original piece of metal artwork.
Monroe awards will be given for Best Directing, Best Screenplay, Best Scene, Best Cinematography and Best Male Actor and Best Female Actor.
The Best of the Fest winner will receive a Monroe award and a cash prize of $1,500.
1. The Love Your Shorts Film Festival welcomes short films in any style up to 30 minutes long. The year of production does not matter.
2. Films are divided into 8 blocks for screening: Opening Night, Animation, Comedy, Documentary, Drama, Florida Flavor, Sci-Fi, Horror and "E" for Everyone. Audience members at each block vote for their favorite film. The winning films from each block advance to a final block for a panel of judges to pick the overall festival winner. Winners of each block earn the festival's award, the "Monroe," an original piece of metal artwork named after Sanford's Lake Monroe.
3. A film can only be submitted to ONE category (it is unnecessary to submit one film into multiple categories). A filmmaker may submit multiple films, but is responsible for submitting each individually and paying appropriate submission fees for each film.
4. The Florida Flavor category is open to films either made primarily in Florida, or films made anywhere by a filmmaker that is a resident of Florida during the film's production.
5. Entrants must submit their short film(s) via Filmfreeway's online screening system. DVD copies will not be accepted.
6. Officially selected films will be notified on or before January 1, 2018.
7. All officially selected films must submit at least 1 high-resolution still for use in festival publications.
8. Festival organizers reserve the right to show officially selected films in any film block and/or to show officially selected films in more than one film block.
9. All submission fees must be paid in US funds. All submissions are final, no refunds will be issued.
10. By submitting to the Love Your Shorts Film Festival, submitter gives permission to the festival to allow the film to be shown to attending press, at festival parties and at other festival related events.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
The individual or corporation (entrant) submitting the film to the Love Your Shorts Film Festival (LYSFF) hereby warrants that it is authorized to commit the film for screening. Please ensure if you are submitting a film that contains copyrighted material by anyone other than yourself, that you have obtained festival clearance for that material used. You agree to indemnify and hold harmless the LYSFF, its organizers, judges, sponsors, and partners, individually and collectively, from and against any and all claims, liabilities, losses, damages, and expenses (including but not limited to attorney's fees, and costs of the court) which may be incurred by reason of any claim involving copyright, trademark, credits, publicity, screening, and loss of or damage to submitted material. The burden of determining that any material is not protected by copyright, trademark, rights of privacy, publicity or any other proprietary rights rests with the entrant. The entrant shall bear the sole liability for any damage resulting from any infringement of copyrights, proprietary rights, or any other harm resulting from such a submission. If your work is accepted into the LYSFF you agree to allow us to use all or a portion of your film (including images, sound and clips) within our promotions and screenings; and you allow us to provide your film to media in promotion of your film and the festival. We may, at our discretion, transfer all or a portion of your submitted work to a compilation for festival screening which may be used for festival promotional purposes. You have read and agree to our general rules and terms and conditions. You agree that failure to adhere to any of the general rules or terms and conditions may result in disqualification for which no refund for entry fee(s) is due.