MISSION & OBJECTIVE
The purpose of the Los Angeles Jewish Film Festival (LAJFF) is to highlight the diversity of the Jewish experience through film. With a focus on social action and Jewish identity, this festival will inform and inspire its audience. By featuring films that deal with Jewish issues, traditions, challenges and characters the Festival will deepen Jewish values and encourage new dialogue within the greater Los Angeles community. The Festival will showcase an international selection of contemporary features, documentaries, short films and student films.
ABOUT THE FESTIVAL
We are very excited to return for the fourteenth annual Los Angeles Jewish Film Festival. LAJFF is a week-long film forum that will introduce new studio and independent features, documentaries, foreign features and short films, animated and re-released classics. The programs will be enhanced by a variety of special events and panel discussions featuring celebrities, directors, producers, writers and actors. LAJFF will provide a creative forum for emerging filmmakers working with Jewish themes and offer an opportunity for student/early-career filmmakers to showcase their talent and gain exposure.
NOTE: Our focus is on NEW films. We will not accept films that have been premiered in LA previously or will be shown within weeks of LAJFF or films that are available currently on the internet, On-Demand or on DVD. We do not pay exhibition fees for the films selected to the festival.
LAJFF is presented in conjunction with the Jewish Journal and other major supporters.
LAJFF offers Audience Choice Awards for all categories: Best Drama, Best Comedy, Best Short Film and Best Short Documentary.
To be considered for exhibition, submissions must have relevance to Jewish themes, Jewish values and issues, history, heritage, culture, Israel, have Jewish character(s) or to the mission of LAJFF. A film made by a Jewish filmmaker without addressing the requirements above does NOT constitute it as a "Jewish film". All films submitted should be an LA premiere and NOT have shown in the greater LA area prior to it's showing at LAJFF.
LAJFF is open to all U.S. and international entries. English language or English subtitles or dubbing only. All submissions must have a completed entry online form, non-refundable entry fee and 2 screening copies, or an active link online. Submission materials will not be returned. Submission does not guarantee exhibition in the Festival. Entrants will be notified prior to the Festival. We do not pay exhibition fees for the films selected to the festival.
Good luck and thank you. If selected to the Festival, film format must be in DCP at 24 fps or NTSC Blu-ray or DVD.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. Entrant has read, understand and fully complies with all submission eligibility information, Submission Guidelines, Terms & Conditions of entry and entry eligibility requirements.
2. Film is not the subject of any litigation or threatened litigation.
3. As filmmaker, the entrant is duly authorized to submit this film to the competition.
4. The entrant holds the Los Angeles Jewish Film Festival and sponsor organizations harmless and indemnify it from any damage to media en route or otherwise during the course of the festival's possession of the film. In addition, the entrant agrees to hold the Los Angeles Jewish Film Festival harmless and indemnify it from cost and/or damages incurred as a result from any litigation and or threatened litigation as a result of the screenings of the film.
5. All films not in English must have English subtitles or be dubbed in English.
6. The number(s), date(s), time(s), and location(s) of the screenings of films are at the discretion of the Festival. The Festival does not pay screening fees.
7. The Festival reserves the right to complete any information not supplied by the filmmaker from whatever source available and will not be responsible for any incorrect information.
8. The entrant acknowledges and agrees that all matters not covered by these regulations, and questions arising from them, will be decided by Festival organizers or programmers at their discretion.
9. The Board of the Los Angeles Jewish Film Festival reserves the right to disqualify entries for any reason. No refunds will be granted for any reason. All judges' decisions are final.
10. Films may not be withdrawn after acceptance into the Festival.
11. By signing this form and submitting this film, the entrant hereby grants the Los Angeles Jewish Film Festival all necessary rights to screen this film and use reasonable parts of the film for purposes of advertising and promotion.