Our main mission is to create environment for visibility & development of indie filmmakers and also support community of British filmmakers. We at London Shorts believe that cinema is not just an another field of industry in our country but also a tool for reflecting our society and expression. Through out our awards we want to promote short films and their authors.
The United Kingdom has had a significant film industry for over a century. While film production reached an all-time high in 1936, the "golden age" of British cinema is usually thought to have occurred in the 1940s, during which the directors David Lean, Michael Powell, (with Emeric Pressburger) and Carol Reed produced their most critically acclaimed works. Many British actors have accrued critical success and worldwide recognition, such as Maggie Smith, Roger Moore, Michael Caine, Sean Connery, Daniel Day-Lewis, Judi Dench, Gary Oldman, Emma Thompson, and Kate Winslet. Some of the films with the largest ever box office returns have been made in the United Kingdom, including the third and fourth highest-grossing film franchises (Harry Potter and James Bond).
Our festival is selecting winners in following categories :
Best Short Film
Best Live Action Short
Best Short Documentary
Best UK Short
Best Short Drama
Best Action Short
Best Sci-fi Short
Best LGBT Short
Best Horror Short
Best Sound Design
Best Production Design
Best Student Short
Best Original Story
- Films can be from all languages but must have English subtitles at the time submitted.
- By Submitting you allow “LondonShorts” to use press materials from the film for marketing purposes.
- Our film festival is organised monthly
- The burden of obtaining copyright and all proprietary interests for the submitted material rests solely on the applicant.
- We are accepting entries only via FilmFreeway platform. No postal submissions will be accepted.
- Festival is happening monthly. Winners in each category will be announced on "Notification day" which is specified on FilmFreeway website.
- Multiple entries from the same submitter are accepted, but a separate submission and a separate entry fee must accompany each entry.
- The decision of the jury committee will be final.
- The organizers reserve the right not to award any or all of the categories.
- No fee waiver. All entry fees are non-refundable.
- By submitting your Film / Sceenplay to "LondonShorts" via FilmFreeway, you freely and voluntarily give and express your full and complete acceptance of all of the Rules and Regulations.
- Since we are unable to organise live screenings and networking events, we created section "Virtual theather" where we are screening winning films in the loop.
- We will not screen any films in our "virtual theather" without the permision of the owner.