The Programme for the 2018 Festival has been published.
Studio Cinema Screen
15.00 Short - 2nd place: No More Secrets
15.14 Short - Winner: Emptiness
15.20 Social Media - Winner: No strings Attached
15.29 Documentary Living on a Dollar a Day
16.15 Feature Film Goliath
17.40 Intermission – VideOdyssey Café
18.00 Feature Documentary - 2nd Place: Life Begins at 90
18.44 Public Awareness - Winner: Scribbled Memory
18.45 Liverpool Film – Winner: The Resurrection of 30 James St
19.30 Intermission – VideOdyssey Café
20.00 Feature Film – Best in Festival: Nine Meals from Chaos
21.41 Documentary - Winner: Tales from Tin Pan Alley
23.05 Day one ends.
15.00 Animation - Winner: Trap
15.13 Best Corporate Video – Winner: The Learning Hub
15.15 Feature Film: Away from the shore
17.30 Best Commercial – Winner: China’s First Emperor
17.31 Intermission – VideOdyssey Café
17.45 GUEST FILM: REBEL WITHOUT A CREW: Monday
19.30 GUEST FILM: Bill Murray Stories: Life Lessons
20.40 Intermission – VideOdyssey Café
21.00 Feature Film - Winner: The Sleeper By the River
22.50 Day two ends.
16.00 SHORT: The Merciless Beauty
16.14 SHORT: Carga
16.34 SHORT: By Blood
16.54 SHORT: Curfew
17. 14 Liverpool Film Runner Up Betrayal
18.05 Documentary: What is Classic Rock
16.00 SHORT: While It Lasts
16.49 SHORT: Being Kegan
17.11 SHORT: Beat It
17.21 SHORT: Manipulation
17.45 Documentary: A Tree Remembers
18.56 Feature Film (selected): Kilikis the town of owls
All winners, runners-up and those selected for screening are entitled to a LiFF 2018 Laurel.
Please contact the organisers for the Password.
Liverpool International Film Festival (LiFF) 2018. Submission Terms
General Rules of Entry
The only method for submitting entries to LiFF is via the FilmFreeway site. We do not accept films on hard copy or any other means of file transfer.
Entrants may submit one or more films and may enter one or more categories in the festival, paying the entry fee for each submission. There is no discount for multiple entries.
You must choose the category that is most suitable for your film according to its type, genre or place of origin.
The festival organisers will not intervene to change which category a film is entered into and will not switch films from one category to another.
The award of any and all prizes is entirely at the discretion of the judges. However, the LiFF organisers reserve the right to exclude any films that are deemed to be bigoted, racist or offensive to society.
Entry fees are non-refundable.
• All films must be submitted to the Film Festival no later than 12th October 2018.
• All films, not in the English language, are required to have subtitles. These must either be hard coded or supplied as a subtitle file one month prior to the festival.
• Only films completed, or first published, after 1st January 2017 will be confirmed for judging in the competition.
• The definition of categories is displayed on the Liverpool International Film Festival website www.liverpoolinternationalfilmfestival.net Categories are subject to reasonable clarification at the discretion of the organisers and/or judges.
• Those entering the Liverpool Film category must validate their entry with proof of residence in a Liverpool City Region postcode - i.e. Liverpool, Sefton, St Helens, Knowsley, Wirral or Halton.
• Those entering the Under-16 Film category must submit their date of birth.
The legal stuff. Please take a couple of minutes to actually read this and be sure you are complying with these terms!
I have read and accept the terms and regulations of LiFF. I will provide the festival with any additional information reasonably requested. I authorise the LiFF to exhibit my film, and if selected, I confirm that an exhibition copy will be available in a commonly accessible format/codec for screening during the 2018 festival.
I certify that I hold all necessary rights for the submission of this film/video to the LiFF and that any copyright permissions have been cleared. I hereby indemnify LiFF, in the event that such rights have not been properly acquired/cleared.
This film is not subject to any litigation, nor is threatened with any litigation.
I accept that LiFF is not responsible for any loss arising from the film’s submission to, or inclusion in, the festival.
By agreeing to these terms, I transfer to LiFF the right to use excerpts of the submitted film, its stills, and trailers, for the purposes of publicity and marketing of the film at the 2018 festival, and for other uses related to the promotion of the 2018 festival.