Little Big Shots is Australia's largest and only annual touring film festival curated especially for kids. Featuring a selection of short and feature films, the festival lands in all major Australian capital cities. A kids jury awards the best international, local, and child-made films each year and the films play to an audience of over 20,000 across the country.
Features and shorts:
Little Big Shots predominantly screens short films (productions running for less than 60 minutes). However, feature length films (productions of 60 minutes or longer) will also be considered.
Child made films:
Little Big Shots defines these as films made by children and teenagers under 18 at the time of production. An adult supervisor is allowed but the film must be conceived and created mostly by children.
Criteria for selection:
• Films submitted to Little Big Shots must be suitable for children or teenagers aged within the range of 2 to 15 years.
• Film content should be creative, have broad appeal and demonstrate excellent artistic and technical
• Content should speak positively to children of diverse backgrounds and cultures.
• Humour is good. We like a mix of meaningful and fun films.
Little Big Shots will not select films:
• With excessive or gratuitous violence, sexual references, profanity/coarse language, use of
Illegal substances or with content that advocates and supports racial, cultural, religious, or gender bias.
• With technical glitches.
• Which, if not in English, are not subtitled or dubbed into English.
• Which are aimed primarily at an adult audience.