**AUGUST 2017 LIMELIGHT UPDATE**
Just another reminder that the 9th Limelight Film Awards ceremony will be taking place on Friday the 13th of October 2017, at the Guildhall in the city of London. We thank you all for your patience as we prepare for the ceremony. We want to deliver the best show we can for you, and make it a night to remember! More news will follow soon!
The Limelight Film Awards Team
**FEBRUARY 2017 LIMELIGHT UPDATE!**
Congratulations to all of you who have been nominated for the 9th Limelight Film Awards! The ceremony will take place in London this summer! More news to follow soon!
To all the many many filmmakers who were not nominated on this occasion, we would like to thank you all for sharing your hard work. We know how much effort goes into making a film. Unfortunately only a set amount of films can be nominated, as we mentioned before, this year has been incredibly difficult with over a thousand short films to choose from! So please do not be disheartened, keep making films and keep entering them into competitions!
More news about the 9th Limelight Film Awards ceremony will follow soon! Stay tuned!
The Limelight Film Awards Team
**DECEMBER LIMELIGHT 2016 UPDATE!**
As it's now coming to the festive season, we will be announcing ALL selected nominees for the 9th annual Limelight Film Awards on January 31st 2017. We have gone through over a thousand films this year, so we thank you for your patience! A notification will be sent to each filmmaker to let them know if they have been successful on this occasion.
Thank you all for your film submissions! We've had an overwhelming response of quality films. Limelight would like to take this opportunity to wish all the filmmakers who have entered into this year's competition the very best of luck! And Limelight would also like to wish you all a very Happy Christmas and New Year!
More news about the 9th Limelight Film Awards Ceremony and date will follow after ALL notifications have been sent out on January 31st 2017.
The Limelight Film Awards Team
Limelight Film Awards is the annual short film competition, followed by a red carpet awards ceremony, attended by over 500 film makers, celebrities and media personalities. Running since 2008, with a £10,000 production award, Limelight is paving the way in identifying emerging filmmakers while helping to strengthen the industry.
Our purpose is to promote, celebrate and recognise filmmakers through our annual awards, with this in mind we hope to offer film educational opportunities, as well as our Production award to further support filmmakers. This is now recognised and supported by many film organisations, government and educational institutions, media agencies and celebrities.
FREE Early bird submissions: November 6th – December 6th 2015
£5 : December 7th 2015 – February 28th 2016
£10: February 29th 2016 – April 30th 2016 - 5pm
ALL FILM ENTRIES MUST BE NO LONGER THAN 10 MINUTES.
Awards & Prizes
Awards statue for each category winner.
Film of the night winner will receive a £10,000 Production Award. This is a voucher that allows you to hire Independent film making production and post production facilities, hair & makeup and film publicity to the value of £10,000, courtesy of Spotlight UK and partners.
Rules & Terms
1. The downloads available on this site are only to be used in conjunction with this competition and you must abide by the rules and regulations stated here.
2. You may submit more than one film which requires its own separate payment.
3. We may contact you with Limelight film / art news and opportunities.
4. Films should be a maximum of ten minutes in duration, excluding credits. If your film is slightly over ten minutes it will be up to the judge’s discretion on whether to accept it and view it.
5. Films submitted must be in one of the listed categories, (which you must select on your application and / or write it in the notes during submissions).
6. The deadline for all film submissions is 5pm on the 30th April 2016. All films must be received by us by then. Films submitted after this date CANNOT be accepted.
7. Films submitted must have been made no more than 3 years before the deadline date.
8. Terms and conditions may change without notifying the film maker.
9. The Judges decision is final.
10. All films must be on DVD format and playable on PAL DVD players if submitting by post (only applies to schools)
11. Film makers agree to Spotlight UK / Limelight Film and Arts Awards having the right to show and distribute in part or whole their film on any format current or yet to be produced, for an indefinite period. This may include screening and any other partner promotional platforms throughout the world without further notice. We will not sell your film but aim to get your film exposure.
12. If your film is received without correct payment (except 'Early bird submissions') then it will not be accepted. The submission fees for Limelight 2016 are as follows:
FREE - Early bird submissions
November 6th – December 6th 2015 (any films received after this date will not be
accepted for Early bird submissions)
£5 - December 7th 2015 – February 28th 2016
£10 - February 29th – April 30th 2016
Free all year round for persons in full time education, schools, colleges and universities. vocational courses does not qualify
13. To be eligible for free entry fee, you must be in full time education and be verifiable. You will need a valid stamp or other signed confirmation from your learning provider. If you fit this criteria you MUST submit your film to to us by post ONLY.
14. Your film information may be used on our site or promotional platforms, including our partners’ / supporters platforms. Your personal information will NOT be forwarded.
15. Limelight film and Arts Awards accepts no responsibility if the information provided is inaccurate, films do not work on our players or if films arrive late. It is your responsibility to ensure that the working film is with us by the deadline.
16. Limelight Film Awards has the right to amend or change the rules and regulations without notice or reason.
17.Once a film has been submitted it cannot be withdrawn from Limelight Film Awards programme and we cannot return sent films.
18. The person who submits the film assumes responsibility and has ownership / permission for submission. False applications may lead us to taking legal action.
19. You must have all clearance of music and contents copyright on the film.
20. The name provided on the form/online will be associated with the film publicity, unless advised otherwise at the time of application in writing, with the application.
21. Writer and Director for Schools and Under 18s Category must be under 18 years of age.
22. ALL films submitted via FilmFreeway will need to be downloaded. We will request permission simply by clicking 'Request Download' on the Project Details page of that submission. You MUST approve the download request.
23. Limelight Film Awards reserve the right to refuse, cancel or reject any submission at any stage, without further notice.