Leap of Faith
A first feature based on sexual events. An actress undertakes her desire of directing her first movie, without a budget or any production company funding her project. She gathers a group of
professional actors and actresses, and proposes a project based on a very particular experience: stepping on their fears through a metaphorical 'leap of faith'. As the project advances, individual
conflicts will arise affecting the shoot, making the movie crew wonder whether or not they should go on. Will they take the leap of faith with all its consequences?
Project Title (Original Language):Puenting
Project Type:Documentary, Experimental
Genres:Performing Arts, Documentary, Experimental
Runtime:1 hour 12 minutes 5 seconds
Country of Origin:Spain
Country of Filming:Spain
– Puenting (Leap of Faith): director and writer (First Feature), Volcano Films
– DRIMGERL: director, writer and actress (short film), Ikarus Productions
– Mala Siesta: director (short film with Carolina África and Bárbara Lennie)
– No sólo café y vino: director, writer and presenter (cultural program), MiTierraTV with Ikarus Productions
– Pogüerful (playwright, actress and director)
– Lacura (playwright, actress and director, a Pantheatre co-production): winner of Best Spectacle, Best Actress and Special Audience Award at the Réplica Awards.
– Water Ego (playwright and co-director)- Microteatro por Dinero, Madrid
– El Principito al Desnudo (playwright and director): winner of best spectacle award, best literary adaptation and best actress at the Local Theatre Festical of Alcorcón (Madrid), and Best Acting Award at the Madrid Sur International Festival
– Las Palmas Monologue Festival 2017- Playwright Award
– TEDx Las Palmas 2011 (Art Director)
– Textual Interpretation– University Degree (R.E.S.A.D., Madrid)
– The Michael Chekhov Acting Workshop (MICHA, New York)
– Acting and Auditioning For Film (Actor’s Studio TVI, New York)
– Choreographic Theatre and voice (4 Residencial Summers University, Roy Hart with Pantheatre Centre, France)
– Modern Singing (Robert Jeantal, 4 years, Madrid)
Being aware that every woman invents her dream, in my own I’ve been chosen by artistic expression, and not the other way around, to reflect the world that inhabit me so I can become a
mirror. To grow, investigate, spit, have fun and disconcert are my work’s leitmotiv.
I am passionate for the psychological chaos, the love for the impulse, the light, the profound, the laughter as weapon of mass construction, the human aspect, the power of faith, the folly and the demystification of the tales I’ve been told.
In conclusion, I sing because I feel myself. I act because I expand myself. I write because I decode myself. I direct because I have the strength and the fury of my ancestors running through my veins. I paint because I’m good at it. I have faith because there is no other way of living, and I think because I want to.