Presented by The New York Latino Film Festival and HBO Latino, Latino's Stand-up Comedy Competition is a national stand-up competition to search for the top Latino stand-up comedians. The comedy competition is designed to support Latino talent. The competition will select and showcase the top 5 comedians in their effort for a winner take all opportunity to do a stand-up set appearance in the upcoming HBO Latino stand-up comedy hit series, "Entre Nos."
The top 5 comedians will perform, and ONE winner will be chosen at a live event during the 2019 New York Latino Film Festival. The winner will also win an opportunity to meet with an HBO executive and renowned comedienne and program host, Gina Brillon!
• The winning comic will receive a paid opportunity to appear in an upcoming HBO Latino ‘Entre Nos’ comedy special, including an all-expense paid trip to the taping, provided by Viva Pictures.
• The winner will have a chance to meet one-on-one with an HBO executive after the festival, as well as meet with actress, writer, and comedian Gina Brillón.
• NYLFF will provide each finalist with two (2) Festival passes.
***Note for submitting your video and application ***
-Under OVERVIEW section, write your name and Stand-up , ie. "Carlos Hernandez Stand-Up." as a title. Under description, please put bio a bio/brief on yourself.
-Post a pic of yourself
-No need to fill out fields for CREDITS and SPECIFICATIONS sections
How it works:
• Applicants must submit a 3-5 minute video online at www.NYLatinoFilmFestival.com or via filmfreeway (no cost to enter) of their live stand-up performance, in English, that has not been previously broadcast in any form. Submission deadline is Friday, July 19, 2019 by 11:59pm EST. Submissions can be from a live stand-up set but has NOT been broadcasted in any from.
• All eligible submissions will be reviewed by a panel of screeners, comprised of NYLFF, HBO Latino executives, and Viva Pictures, the official Producers of Entre Nos, who will determine the top 5 finalists based on performance and creative material.
• The finalists will be invited to perform an 8-10 minute comedic performance at the “Latinos Stand-Up” competition, scheduled to take place in New York City during the New York Latino Film Festival from August 12 to 18, 2019.
• The five finalists will receive Round-trip air transportation courtesy of American Airlines, the exclusive travel carrier of the New York Latino Film Festival.
• A panel of judges will select one (1) winner to be announced August 16th.
● Must be 21 years of age or older to participate.
● Open to all persons of Latino descent.
● Only TV-14 rated performances will be considered. (No profanity on the submission)
● All entries MUST be in between 3-5 minutes
● Submissions can be from a live stand-up set but has NOT been broadcasted in any from
● Submission should be in English or Bi-lingual but not fully Spanish-Language
● No-skits, Stand-up only
● U.S. Citizens or Permanent Residents who physically reside in the United States, including Puerto Rico
JUDGING, SELECTION & NOTIFICATION OF SEMI-FINALISTS, FINALISTS & WINNER
1. All eligible submissions will be judged by a panel of judges, 'The Selection Committee', whose decisions are final on all matters relating to this contest, to determine up to Five (5) semi-finalists, based on the following criteria: performance - 50%, creative material - 50%. The Five (5) semi-finalists will be selected and notified by phone/email by or around August 1, 2019. Finalists will be determined shortly after and be invited to perform at the Latinos Stand-up Competition finals, scheduled to take place in NY in August during the New York Latino Film Festival (8.14.-18.2019). Each finalist will be required to perform an 8-10 minute stand-up comedy routine.
2. The panel of judges will determine one (1) winner for an all-expense paid trip to the taping to perform in an upcoming “Entre Nos” comedy special to appear on HBO Latino in 2020.
GENERAL RULES: By entering the Latinos Stand-up Comedy Competition, all entrants consent to: (a) the use of their original submission, final performances as well as their name/likeness and address (city/state only) to be announced in media including but not limited to internet, television, radio, magazines and newspapers for publicity, advertising, and promotional purposes unless expressly prohibited by law (b) New York Latino Film Festival, its subsidiaries, sponsors and prize supplier Viva Pictures Distribution LLC , has the right to use/broadcast the submission or portions thereof in advertisement and/or in the promotion of the contest, consumer voting, NYLFF without further compensation, unless prohibited by law. Acceptance of any prize constitutes permission to NYLFF and its affiliates to use winner's submission, name and/or likeness for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law. By accepting prize, finalists and winner agree to hold NYLFF, its respective directors, officers, employees, assigns, sponsors, prize supplier Viva Pictures Distribution LLC and affiliates, harmless against any and all claims and liability arising out of use of the content of his/her submission and prize. Finalists and winner assume all liability for any injury or damage caused, or claimed to be caused, by participation in this competition or use or redemption of any prize. By participating in this competition, entrants agree to be bound by the Latinos Stand-up Competition Rules and the decisions of the judges. NYLFF is not responsible for any typographical or other error in the competition official rules, administration of the contest, announcement of the finalists, broadcast of any submission and related details, announcement of the finalists, winner and any related prize
One winner will be determined by the combined vote of 'The Final Jury' in front of a live audience. Each finalist will be required to perform a 8-10 minute stand-up comedy routine during the Latinos Stand-up Comedy Competition finals at the 2019 New York Latino Film Festival.
Air Transportation conditions for finalist and winner
AMERICAN AIRLINES AADVANTAGE® MILES TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. Redeeming AAdvantage® miles:
● AAdvantage® miles certificates must be deposited into an active AAdvantage® account. American will not be responsible for lost, stolen, damaged or destroyed certificates. Certificates are valid for the term stated on each certificate. Each certificate is subject to all of the terms and conditions stated thereon, which cannot be modified or waived by Company.
● Anyone who is not an AAdvantage® member may join at no cost online at
www.aa.com/AAdvantage or by calling the AAdvantage® membership desk at 1-800-882-8880. The credited AAdvantage® miles may thereafter be redeemed in any manner consistent with the Terms and Conditions of the AAdvantage® program, which are subject to change at any time without notice and can be read in full at www.aa.com/AAdvantage by clicking on Program Details and then click on AAdvantage® Terms and Conditions.
● All AAdvantage® policies, guidelines and fees apply.
● If AAdvantage® miles are provided for fund-raising, the fund-raising activity cannot be conducted by or in connection with a 3rd party (including, but not limited to the offering of Travel Awards on public auction web sites); provided nothing herein shall prevent the use of a 3rd party administrative entity such as may be available to charitable Companys in the conduct of a promotion.
2. American Airlines reserves the right to change AAdvantage® program rules, regulations, travel awards and offers at any time without notice, including the right to, among other things, (1) modify or cancel any award or offer, (2) change program benefits, mileage levels or rules related to mileage credits or travel awards, or (3) add embargo dates, limit award travel seat availability, or otherwise restrict travel awards or offers. American may make these changes even if use of accumulated mileage credits or awards is affected. The accumulation of mileage credits does not entitle members to any vested rights. American Airlines further reserves the right to end the AAdvantage® program, or any of its elite status programs, upon six months’ notice. AAdvantage® travel awards, mileage accrual and special offers are subject to government regulations. American Airlines is not responsible for products or services offered by other participating companies. For complete AAdvantage® program details, including the elite status programs, visit www.aa.com/AAdvantage.
3. Company acknowledges that American may, in its sole discretion, cancel or, from time to time alter any part of the AAdvantage® program, the AAdvantage® program rules, the AAdvantage® mileage accrual structure, or any AAdvantage® award at any time and may offer supplemental award promotions; provided, however, that no such cancellation or alteration shall amend or change the terms of this Agreement. American’s exercise of this right shall be without any liability, obligation or additional compensation of any kind to Company, including any liability pursuant to Section I (Indemnification).
4. Improper Use of AAdvantage® miles. If Award Tickets issued for AAdvantage® miles donated to Company hereunder are resold, distributed, or used for any purpose other than fulfilling the Charitable Program by Company or for other improper purposes, American may, at its option, cancel, void, refuse to honor, and/or confiscate such AAdvantage® miles and any remaining Award Tickets issued in the possession of Company and pursue any and all other rights and remedies available under Applicable Law. Company acknowledges that distribution or use of AAdvantage® miles or Award Tickets for improper purposes will give rise to irreparable injury to American inadequately compensable in damages. Accordingly, Company agrees that American shall be entitled to obtain injunctive relief to prevent such unauthorized or improper distribution or use and/or to prevent any breach of this Agreement and/or compel specific performance.
5. Record Retention; Customer Service. Company will retain records concerning distribution and use of AAdvantage® miles and Award Tickets for a minimum of two years from the last date of distribution and will deliver such records to American upon request. Each record will include: name of passenger, travel date and flight numbers, airport of origin and destination, and award level code.
6. Company will use reasonable efforts to avoid offering, and upon American’s written request will withdraw, any AAdvantage® offer that (i) promotes an American competitor’s product, (ii) is inconsistent with American’s marketing plans or existing exclusivity obligations to other AAdvantage® participating companies, or (iii) American or the AAdvantage® program.
7. AAdvantage® miles may be used for air transportation on flights operated by American Airlines or the American Eagle® carriers, oneworld® airlines or select AAdvantage® participating airlines and other awards available at AA.com/redeem. A portion of all travel booked on American Airlines may be American Eagle® service. American Eagle® service is operated by Envoy Air Inc., SkyWest Airlines, Inc., ExpressJet Airlines, Inc., or Republic Airline Inc.
8. All current processing fees, passenger fees, airport fees, taxes, etc. apply per each individual award claim. American reserves the right to change fees at any time without notice. As of the date of this agreement, the following fees apply, but are not limited to:
● Greater than 21 days booking fee ($30 Domestic & $40 International, per passenger)
● Less than 20 days - 2 hours award charge ($75 per ticket)
● Airport service charge ($30 Domestic & $40 International, per passenger)
● AAdvantage® miles reinstatement fee ($150 for each certificate/ticket up to 4 one-way awards + $25.00 USD each additional certificate/ticket from same account)
● Routing change fee ($150 per certificate/ticket)
● Name change fees (reinstate AAdvantage® miles and re-issue with new fees)
● September 11th Security Fee of $5.60 per one-way trip, per passenger
● Other fees such checked baggage, excess baggage, international taxes and fees, etc. apply
9. Misuse of the AAdvantage® miles awarded with this Agreement will result in a penalty appropriate with the severity of the infraction, and may result in the forfeiture of unused AAdvantage® miles, termination of this Agreement and reimbursement to American Airlines of an amount equal to the full First/Business/Main Cabin fare for the travel used, all is determined by American Airlines.
10. Travel using AAdvantage® miles is subject to governmental regulation, availability, capacity controls, embargo dates and certain other restrictions, all of which are subject to change at the sole discretion of American Airlines. Passengers are responsible for any and all insurance and for all federal, state, local and foreign taxes, if any, and for gratuities, process fees, meals, incidentals and any other unspecified expenses associated with acceptance or use of the AAdvantage® miles. Some of these
taxes, fees and other amounts may be due upon use of each individual award claim. American Airlines is not responsible for products or services offered by other participating companies. Travel and flight schedules are subject to change without notice. American Airlines is not liable for any expense incurred as a consequence of a flight cancellation or flight delay. American Airlines AAdvantage® miles are non-transferable and cannot be bartered or sold for cash, or in lieu of cash payment. For complete AAdvantage® program details, visit www.aa.com/AAdvantage.
American Airlines, AAdvantage, American Eagle, and the Flight Symbol logo are trademarks of American Airlines, Inc.
oneworld is a trademark of the oneworld Alliance, LLC.
Copyright 2018 American Airlines, Inc.