The Las Cruces International Film Festival (LCIFF) celebrates independent film-making from around the globe in the majestic Southwestern town of Las Cruces, New Mexico. The festival strives to bring the best in narrative features, documentaries, short subjects, animation and foreign language films in all genres to its indie audience. It provides a rich educational opportunity to filmmakers, students and the general public alike through its on-site workshops, panel discussions and seminars.
The 3rd Annual festival features five days of independent films: March 7th - March 11th, 2018.
Now celebrating its 3rd season, the Las Cruces International Film Festival prides itself on bringing the best in independent film to its ever-growing audience of indie film lovers. From features to documentaries, short subjects to animation, and an impressive lineup of foreign films, the Festival screens more than 75 films at the state-of-the-art Allen Theatres Cineport 10, located in beautiful Las Cruces, New Mexico.
Each year the festival will honor multiple well-known film industry professionals. In the past, the festival has honored Brendan Fraser, Johnny Galecki, Jon Heder, Val Kilmer, Jeffrey Tambor, Lou Diamond Phillips, and Danny Trejo.
The festival will screen top-notch independent feature films, documentaries, animations, shorts, music videos, and student films.
We put our filmmakers first!
Accepted films will be provided with lodging, meals, and will have access to multiple red carpet events, after-parties, and networking events throughout the run of the festival.
By participating in this festival, filmmakers will get the chance to see their films in a world-class screening venue with audiences from all over Southern New Mexico and the greater Southwest. They will experience the picturesque town of Las Cruces, and the friendly people that love film. Have the opportunity to attend workshops from industry professionals.
Awards & Prizes
The Las Cruces International Film Festival awards:
Best Narrative Short
Best Documentary Short
Best Student Film
Best Music Video
Rules & Terms
We ask that all entrants submit their films through Filmfreeway.com
We understand how fees can add up for film makers. We also understand that a not-for-profit film festival needs to stay in business. As a courtesy, Fee Waivers will be granted to filmmakers IF you have had one of your films selected for the Las Cruces International Film Festival in the past. Otherwise, WE DO NOT GRANT FEE WAIVERS. Please refrain from requesting one.
Filmmaker submitting hereby attests that he/she is fully empowered to authorize public screening(s) and the promotion of such screenings and, by being selected to this festival agrees to the provisions outlined below:
- Filmmaker will not submit industrial or instructional works.
- For films selected, filmmaker will provide press kit, photographs, trailer (if available) and promotional materials requested by the Las Cruces International Film Festival for use at its discretion in promoting the film festival and its activities.
- Scheduling of screenings of the Film is at the discretion of the Las Cruces International Film Festival.
- Filmmaker’s representative shall make best efforts to attend the film’s screening, and participate in question-and-answer session with audience following screenings.
- By submitting, and if selected, Filmmaker gives permission to Las Cruces International Film Festival to screen submitted film, during the festivals 3rd annual run, in a public forum.
- Foreign language films must have subtitles in English.
Films completed prior to March 2015 are ineligible.
For entries into the Student category, the school where the project was produced must be mentioned within credits.
Participation in the Las Cruces International Film Festival implies understanding and acceptance of festival regulations.