The 1st Annual Lanett City Film Festival seeks to provide an exciting creative platform for filmmakers to have their work screened and judged. Our vision is to encourage filmmakers, both professional and beginning, along the filmmaking process and catapult them into their full potential.
The screenings will be held in the beautiful and historic town of Lanett, Alabama - just minutes south of Auburn University. New Horizon Community Theatre will serve as the main screening venue. Other venues also include Lanett City Hall, Lanett Senior Citizens Center, and Refuge Point Church in West Point, Georgia.
The festival will screen shorts and features, including narratives, documentaries, and more… in both showcase and competition settings. There will be panel discussions on issues in contemporary filmmaking as well as opportunities for filmmakers to interact with the audience at several social events. Some of the other fun extras offered to festival-goers include sidewalk boutiques and food trucks throughout downtown Lanett.
Awards & Prizes
The total prize value will be split up between different awards and prizes that will be decided at a future date.
Best Feature Film:
Best Short FIlm:
Our Top Honor Award - The Lanett City Award:
Rules & Terms
1. All films must have been completed and submitted by June 12th, 2017.
2. Must be able to prove ownership.
3. Films must be submitted via online screener through FilmFreeway.
4. "Feature Films" are classified as films with a total run-time (TRT) of 00:50:00 minutes or more.
5. "Short Films" are classified as films with a total run-time (TRT) between 00:03:00 minutes and 00:45:00 minutes. Films shorter than 00:03:00 will be disqualified. Films longer than 00:45:00 minutes that have been submitted to the Short Film category will be disqualified.
6. Documentaries can be any length of time but typically are 00:60:00 in length.
7. Works-in-progress will be considered, provided they will be completed prior to the festival.
8. You may submit more than one film, but you must complete two different submissions.
9. By submitting to The Lanett City Film festival, you claim to have all necessary film festival rights to display, project and screen your film online.
By submitting your film, the filmmaker represents that he/she is authorized to submit this film for screening at the 2017 Lanett City Film Festival. The filmmaker acknowledges that the film may be screened more than once during the festival. The filmmaker(s) grants the Lanett Film Festival the nonexclusive right to use submitted materials in connection with any and all publicity and promotional materials regarding the festival. The filmmaker(s) warrants that the submitted film does not infringe upon the intellectual property rights of any person or entity and agree to hold harmless and fully indemnify and defend the Lanett City Film Festival and its representatives against any and all claims made for such infringement or any other violations of law.
If the filmmaker(s) does not comply with the deadline to receive the film, the film can be pulled from the festival lineup. Acceptance does not guarantee a juried slot, but the filmmaker(s) will be notified upon acceptance if a juried film in competition or a special screening.
By submitting your film via FilmFreeway you acknowledge that the festival will not pay to present your work.