LABELED FEST ending stigma
From negative to positive With community power
Youth - Mental Health - Disability - Developmental - Recovery
Labeled Fest is a series of ideas and advocacy events focusing on ending the stigma in mental health, disability, developmental, recovery and other marginalized issues through films, ideas and interactions.
These one of a kind events encompass creative expression, multi-media, story-telling, live performance and technology to create a vibrant community with proud labels. Labeled Fest is an interactive community event that aims to increase awareness and decrease stigma through education and advocacy.
What will I get from going to Labeled Fest?
Learn - Learn about mental health and how to get help in your community.
Enjoy - See incredible advocacy films. Narrative, documentary and experimental including premieres.
Take Part - Tell your story, screen your film or show your art.
Impact - Build strong communities.
Creative Expression Workshops - Gain arts skills.
Resources - Implementable action plans and how to access care.
Films will screen online concurrently with the live audience event. All social distancing rules will be followed by producers and audience members.
the Labeled trophy
Many prizes across all categories.
and the best of all...APPLAUSE!!
1. All submissions MUST include a cover letter which details why the film was made (50 words minimum) and how it relates to Youth - Mental Health - Disability - Developmental - Recovery (50 words minimum). Entries without a cover letter including this information will not be considered. (The option to add a cover letter becomes available on FilmFreeway before and after final submission.)
2. All submitted work must be original, and the submitter must either have festival rights to the film or permission to submit it.
3. Please ensure that non-English language films have English language subtitles.
4. Films previously submitted to the festival will not be considered.
1. The International Film Competition awards jury will be comprised of people with backgrounds in film, in mental health, or both. The decisions of the jury are final. Unfortunately we are unable to provide feedback on films which have not been selected for an award.
2. The winning films selected by the jury will be screened during the festival and honored at the awards ceremony.
3. For work that has been selected, the festival will be in contact regarding a high quality screening copy. We cannot pay for related costs or arrange transport, but will cover return.
CONDITIONS OF ENTRY:
1. All films submitted must have full festival clearance, including written consent/contracts where appropriate for individuals identifiable within the film (paid or unpaid), full musical clearance and third party clearance. It is also the responsibility of the person submitting the film to ensure that any necessary agreements are in place and valid prior to submission. By submitting a film, the person doing so guarantees that all required permissions have been obtained.
2. We may utilize clips of selected films in order to publicize the festival and related events. Submission of an entry form is considered granting the festival permission to do so.
3. High resolution still images will be requested for selected films.
Creativity in Mental Health
Narrative or documentary
Films to have a message or an emotional response
Short or feature