Lux Fest is a film festival by artists. For artists, we want to see your films. Give us something that pushes boundaries and makes people think! We love horror; we love gore bring it on. Held at the Mellium Fandom Bar in Las Vegas, NV all proceeds will go to directly funding the Neurosis Feature Film a Horror piece with an emphasis on mental health.
Every film selected as an "Official Selection" will be showcased in a live theatrical setting (NO ONLINE SCREENINGS), captivating enthusiastic festival attendees with two joy-filled days in one of the most beautiful cities in the U.S. And yes, awards will be presented to honor the best of the best!
Filmmakers, what are you waiting for? Submit your film now! This is an excellent opportunity to share your work and experience it in a live theatrical setting!
Submitting your film or screenplay is not a guarantee of selection. All Official Selections and Award Winners will be listed on our website (www.luxabruptum.com).
Awards will be chosen by a jury select made up of knowledgeable film industry professionals, enthusiasts, and experts.
Best of the Fest
Creative Spirit Award
Making a "DIFFerence" Award
Best Student Short
Best Music Video
Best Animated Short
Best After Dark Film
Attention Filmmakers and Screenwriters,
Before submitting your film or screenplay to the Lux Fest Film Festival, we kindly request you carefully review the following rules and terms. We assure you that each properly submitted film or screenplay will be given thorough consideration, with the entire work being viewed or read in its entirety.
Lux Film Festival Submission Rules:
• Films completed after June 1, 2019, are eligible.
• Films previously submitted or screened at other festivals are eligible.
• Films with distribution are eligible.
• Films not in English must be subtitled.
• All genres are eligible for submission. You do not have to submit your films multiple times. We are not that kind of festival. One and done. If selected, we will have your film find a place in the program where it may best fit.
• Feature Films: 45 minutes and above (including credits)
• Short/Student Films: Under 45 minutes (including credits)
5) Submission & Fees:
• Submissions must be made through FilmFreeway.
• Each title requires a separate entry form, fee, and digital file.
• Do not submit the same title more than once.
• Submission fees are nonrefundable.
• Incomplete submissions will be disqualified.
• Films must be in MP4 or .MOV format.
• Only digital files through FilmFreeway are accepted.
• Films and screenplays are judged anonymously.
• Minimum scores and determine "Official Selection" status.
• Jurors and Festival Directors help rank and select winners.
• Official Selections will be published by the end of December 2024.
• Screenplay Semi-finalists and/or finalists will be announced by the end of February 2024.
• Lux reserves the right to accept, reject, or disqualify any submission.
• Filmmakers retain ownership but grant usage rights for promotional materials for the upcoming festival and years to come.
• Legal disclaimer releases Desertscape from liability.
Please refer to these full LUX FEST RULES AND TERMS to be considered for this year’s film festival.
BY SUBMITTING THE MATERIAL, I/WE HEREBY AGREE TO DEFEND LUX ABRUPTUM AND LUX FEST, ITS EMPLOYEES, DIRECTORS, REPRESENTATIVES, AND AFFILIATES FROM ALL LIABILITY, CLAIMS, AND DAMAGES IN CONNECTION WITH THE SUBMISSION AND FROM ANY FEES AND EXPENSES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO REASONABLE ATTORNEYS’ FEES, THAT ANY OF THEM MAY INCUR IN CONNECTION THEREWITH.
Now, what are you waiting for? Submit a movie! The cinematic adventure that is the LUX ABRUPTUM Film Festival awaits you!