The LGBT Fest, an incredibly popular division of the Columbus International Film and Video Festival is branching out to its own week long film festival celebrating the best in LGBT filmmaking and given up and coming LGBT artist a spotlight and platform for their work.
Awards & Prizes
Awards categories will may include
Best Narrative Feature
Best Narrative Short
Best of Festival
Travel Prize to attend the festival.
Rules & Terms
To enter this festival, the work MUST be from an LGBT filmmaker or have an LGBT character of substance in the film (ie; NOT a minor LGBT character but rather the focus of the film).
• If accepted, filmmakers will need to provide a digital file of their completed film and a DVD backup along with a high-resolution photo file for printed materials.
• Entry title, name of entrant and tracking number must be on all materials and containers.
• Separate applications are required for each film—even if one entity is submitting more than one film.
• The LGBT Festival prefers to screen digital files at this time. If not available, arrangements can be made to screen on DVD or Blu-Ray
• We do not accept HD-Cam as an exhibition format.
In your FilmFreeway Online Project Details, please include:
1. A 30-word synopsis of your film (to be used in press materials).
2. A one-paragraph synopsis of your film.
3. A list of previous screenings and any awards.
4. Digital press kit will be requested if accepted.
6. Completed entry form (One entry form per submission. Work entered in multiple categories must be accompanied by an entry form for each category).