Independent Cinema, Global Audience. Embracing Diversity, Empowering Filmmakers.
LONDON FILM FESTIVAL (LFF) is dedicated to celebrating the finest independent films, sequel movies and media from around the globe. With a special focus оп new technology involved such as AI, VR and NFT, we strive to provide а platform for films that may not receive recognition or distribution through other festivals. Our goal is to bridge the emerging technology with emerging filmmakers to showcase captivating concepts, distinctive styles, and powerful messages that сап resonate with audiences worldwide.
Located in the cosmopolitan capital of the world, London, we are proud to represent the face of independent filmmaking on a global scale. Our festival offers filmmakers from all corners of the world the opportunity to screen their films in prestigious venues and connect with audiences from over 100 nations. Every autumn, in the heart of London, LFF becomes the hub of diversity, embracing the vibrant world of independent cinema.
Join us at London Film Festival as we celebrate the artistic vision and diverse voices of independent filmmakers, uniting audiences from around the world in an unforgettable cinematic experience.
Together, Let's redefine the boundaries of independent filmmaking.
We are the only leading festival in Europe which brings all the best of world independent films together for screening in one festival called LFF - London Film Festival.
Award categories of LFF:
London Film Festival - LFF gives awards in the following categories:
Best Narrative Feature Film
Best Narrative Short Film
Best Documentary Feature Film
Best Documentary Short Film
Best Animation Feature
Best Animation Short
Best Experimental Feature Film
Best Experimental Short Film
Best ArtHouse Feature Film
Best ArtHouse Short Film
Best First Film Feature
Best First Film Short
Best Screenplay Feature
Best Screenplay Short
Best Feature Film Director
Best Short Film Director
Best Picture Feature Film
Best Picture Short Film
Best AI Generated Film
Best Music Video
Best Lead Actor Feature
Best Lead Actor Short
Best Support Actor Feature
Best Support Actor Short
Terms and Conditions for Submitting and Screening at the London Film Festival.
1. The Board of Directors invites and selects the films which will be presented in the competition and for screening. Each film invited to be part of the official selection by the Board of Directors will receive a Certificate of Participation.
2. Only films that meet the following criteria may be chosen for invitation to the official selection:
i) Films that have been produced during the eighteen months preceding the Festival;
ii) If participating in the “Short Film” category, films should not exceed 30 minutes in length, including credits and can be screened in DVD.
3. Throughout the duration of the Festival, none of the films invited may be shown outside the Festival’s official theatres before its official screening.
4. Once a film has been selected it cannot be withdrawn from the Festival program during the event.
5. All non-English speaking films must be presented in their original version with English subtitles. All subtitling expenses are to be met by the film’s producer.
6. English language films must be subtitled in Spanish for the final screened version.
7. The Board of Directors selects all members of the jury for competition and screening. Each jury member will vote by a secret ballot. No person having taken part in the production or promotion of a film in competition may be on the jury.
8. All films to be submitted for the official selection must be entered before 15th October 2023.
9. All films submitted (DVD or Online secure screener file ( MPEG4, MOV, AVI ) must reach the Film Festival administrator by before 15th October 2023. If the DVD or online secure screener file is not received by this deadline it will not be submitted. This deadline is final.
10. The following will be accepted for the submission process:
– On Line secure screener
– DVD (Region Free or European)
Any film sent in other formats for the initial submission process (Beta, Mini- DV, HD-CAM, 16mm or 35mm) will not be viewed.
Please send your film once and in one format only.
Please note that the films submitted will not be returned.
N.B. It is possible to present a rough cut or in working progress of the film.
When filling out the entry form, please state if it is the final version, a rough cut or in working progress.
11. Complete documentation for each submitted film is to be made available to the Film Festival when required. The DVDs must be sent by registered mail, stating “OF NO COMMERCIAL VALUE” on the package, directly to the Film Festival address of:
London Film Festival
BST 110 NewCavendish Street
Should the sender choose to send through an express courier service, the cost of custom duties and taxes in England must be included in the transportation cost paid by the sender; if not the London Film Festival will refuse the package.
12. Submission fees:
Submissions fees are as set in FilmFreeway in each deadline timeline.
13. London Film Festival is organized by New World Trust, a non-profit organization that supports many different programs and initiatives within the industry.
14. If your film is selected you will be notified by 15th September 2017.
15. On being selected you must supply to us your work in DVD, or HDCAM, formats as well as digital copy of the film on memory disc, by first of October 2017.
16. Any supporting marketing and PR material available for the films selected must be supplied by the 15th of October 2023.
17. The Film Festival office can provide you with further details if your film is selected.
18. Any expenses for the shipping (for both import and export), screening and translation of films and DVDs presented to the selection committee with a view to their possible selection, are to be met by the film’s producers or relevant body. All expenses for the transportation and insurance of prints are also the responsibility of their owner.
19. If your film is selected for screening at the festival, it is the requirement of the festival that you must attend the festival, at your own expense, during 24th to 31 March 2024, to promote and support your film, and collect any awards. The film maker is required to provide proof of attendance by means of providing travel documents or apply and pay for festival accreditation, prior to final screening selection.
20. The Film Festival office has the power to settle all cases not covered by the present rules and regulations.
21. Participation in the Festival implies acceptance of all the aforementioned regulations and respect of submission and screening conditions. Furthermore by completing the initial online submission form (you/ your company) agree to the Festival’s terms of the release as follows;
1) [You / The Company] hereby grant(s)the organizers of the Festival
Permission to screen the film during the Festival, and the festival’s world tour, and other associated promotional events. For the avoidance of doubt the location and timing of any screenings of the film shall be the sole decision of the organizers of the Film Festival.
2) [You / The Company] [have / has] obtained signed release forms in relation to copyright and all other rights now known from all the cast, crew and any freelance contributors who were involved in the making of the film.
3) The film contains no material which is obscene, libelous or defamatory.
4) [You / The Company] [have / has] obtained the appropriate copyright clearances for all music used in the film (if required).
5) [You / The Company] will be solely responsible for all costs resulting from the submission of the film to the Festival including but not limited to postage or insurance of the film, transport costs of the film to and from the Festival and travel costs and expenses of your staff or any representatives of the film.
6) [You / The Company] will indemnify the organizers of the Festival against all claims, demands, costs, damages, expenses (including legal fees), proceedings and losses resulting from the screening of the film at the Festival or from claims by any third parties.
7) [You / A director of the Company] [have / has] read, understood and agree[s] to be fully bound by the Rules and Regulations 2023 of the Festival.
8) [You / The Company] understand[s] and agree[s] that any failure to follow and adhere to the Rules and Regulations 2023 of the Festival will result in the disqualification of the film.
9) [You / The Company] hereby give[s] the organizers of the Festival a non exclusive licence to use [your/ its] name, [photograph / logo], and likeness in connection with any and all publicity and promotional activities relating to the Festival, and its promotional activities and events.
10) [You / The Company] understand[s] that the Festival is not obliged to return the copy of the film that [you / the company] submitted to the Festival and confirm that [you / the company] [have / has] retained at least one other copy of the film.
11) [You / The Company] understand[s] that the organizers of the Festival accept no liability for the loss or non-receipt of the film.
12) [You / The Company] understand[s] that there are no fees [due to you / it] for screening the film at the Festival or for any other matters arising from the submission of the film to the Festival and accept that the organizers of the Festival are therefore under no obligation to pay you any sums
13) [You / The Company] agree[s] to be bound by the decision of the judges of the Festival whose decision will be final. [You / The Company] further understand[s] and agree[s] that the judges are not obliged to give any feedback to you regarding the film.
14) [You / The Company} confirm[s] and warrant [s]that [you are/it is] the author of the film and the sole and exclusive owner of all rights now known in the Film and [have /has] full and exclusive rights to submit the film to the Festival. [You / The Company] further warrant [s] that the film is not under option, nor has it been purchased by any third party. [You / the Company] also warrant[s] that there is no current dispute as to the ownership of the film and that no rights or permissions are required from any third parties before the film can be screened at the Festival.
15) [You / The Company] agree[s] that any legal dispute between [you / the company] and the organizers of the Festival will be heard in the English courts according to the law of England and Wales