LA Underground Film Forum (LAUFF) is Los Angeles's premier showcase of experimentation in film, video and audio based mediums. It focus on avant-garde, art-house, independent and no/low budget filmmaking, with the third edition taking place in November 2018, Los Angeles.
Our program provides a venue for filmmakers to reinvent and explore new approaches, to foster new forms of media art and to build an audience for such work. We aim to present a wide range of work exploring the many definitions and interpretations of the concept of “underground”.
We’re looking for films made with passion, obsession and drive; films that go beyond expectations and genre; films, video and audio projects that strive to push the boundaries of accepted form and content. A strong sense of authorship is a must.
LAUFF accepts all forms and genres: from drama, documentary, experimental, cult, art-house, foreign language, comedy, horror, sci-fi, fantasy, animation, LGBT, indigenous, erotica to slow cinema and video art …
Awards & Prizes
LAUFF Award “Best Picture”
Independent Spirit Award
Audience Choice Award
Merit Awards (Award of Recognition in different genres and categories)
Rules & Terms
* Submissions of artists’ and independent film from any part of the world are welcome.
* Works-in-progress will be considered, provided they will be completed prior to the Festival.
* We recommend that non-English language films be subtitled in English.
* By submitting, the filmmaker declares that they are the rightful owner of their film.
* LAUFF reserves the right to use small portions and stills of accepted films for publicity and promotion of the festival event.
* I, the undersigned, do hereby consent and agree that LA Underground Film Forum (LAUFF) and its employees, or agents have the right to present my film and to use these in any and all media, now or hereafter known, and exclusively for the purpose of show case and promote LA Underground Film Forum (LAUFF). I further consent that my name and identity may be revealed therein or by descriptive text or commentary. I do hereby release to LA Underground Film Forum (LAUFF), its agents, and employees all rights to exhibit this work in print and electronic form publicly or privately. I understand that there will be no financial or other remuneration for showcasing the film, either for initial or subsequent transmission or playback. I represent that I am at least 18 years of age, have read and understand the foregoing statement, and am competent to execute this agreement.
* Although every precaution will be taken to prevent loss or damage to materials while in the possession of the festival, LA Underground Film Forum (LAUFF) is not responsible should any materials be damaged while in transit to or from, or while in the possession of the festival.
* The filmmaker holds LA Underground Film Forum (LAUFF), its management, juries, subsidiaries, agents, sponsors, affiliates, and etc. harmless from any and all claims of liability resulting from entry. The filmmaker certifies to have full rights. Producer will indemnify the organizers of the Festival against all claims, demands, costs, damages, expenses (including legal fees), proceedings and losses resulting from the screening of the film at the Festival or from claims by any third parties.