The Knox Film Fest has become the largest and most complete film festival in the region. Produced by award-winning filmmaker Keith McDaniel, KFF is held at Knoxville's Arthouse theater, the Regal Downtown West Cinema 8. KFF has truly become the region's destination for independent cinema. In past years, KFF has had nearly 4,000 in attendance. We screen independent films, hold panel discussions and host two filmmaking competitions.
From the Opening Night Film and party to the closing awards ceremony and after-party, the 2018 Knox Film Fest promises to be an exciting weekend filled with great films, networking opportunities and fun-filled social activities.
Prior to KFF, filmmakers may compete in the 7-Day Shootout Filmmaking Competition and the Tennessee 10 Best of the Best Filmmaking Challenge. The films from those competitions screen during KFF. For more information or to register for either competition, visit our website at: knoxfilmfest.com.
With strong support from Regal Entertainment Group (the world's largest theater chain whose headquarters happen to be in Knoxville), along with strong local corporate sponsorship, the 2018 Knox Film Fest will be held Friday and Saturday, September 14-16, 2018, at the Regal Downtown West Cinema 8.
We present a variety of awards including Best Narrative Feature, Best Narrative Short and Best Documentary.
KNOX FILM FEST GENERAL RULES & GUIDELINES:
- The Knox Film Fest DOES NOT offer fee waivers for film submissions.
- Films must be narrative or documentary works only.
- Films must be submitted exclusively through FilmFreeway with an online screener. (If your film submission is linked to Vimeo, and you plan to track whether or not your film has been viewed, please know those Vimeo stats can be extremely unreliable.)
- We only screen films in the DCP format. If your film is selected for inclusion into the film festival, your film MUST BE submitted as a "professionally produced" Digital Cinema Package (DCP) - 24 Frames per second.
- Films must have been completed after January 1, 2016. Films must be available for screening during the Knox Film Fest, September 14-15, 2018.
- Narrative and Documentary films with U.S. distribution (obtained prior to being selected for KFF screening) or films produced, financed or initiated by a major film studio or television network are ineligible for competition, but may be considered for a special screening. Selection for screening will be determined no later than one month prior to the festival. Films that have screened on US network or cable television or distributed to theaters prior to the festival dates are also ineligible for competition.
- Films that have played in Knoxville in a theatrical setting to a public audience prior to September 14, 2018, are not eligible to be screened. The only exceptions to this rule are films selected for KFF non-competition screenings.
- Knox Film Fest reserves the right to change submission categories at their discretion.
- Once an entry payment has been processed we cannot provide a refund. If a payment is disputed, the account holder may be subject to any fees
- You MUST include your physical address in your FilmFreeway entry. Please do not submit a film without giving us your mailing address, phone number and email address, which we need for our records.
- In submitting this film, the filmmaker represents that s/he is authorized to submit this film for screening at the 2018 Knox Film Fest. S/he acknowledges that the film may be screened more than once during the festival. S/he grants the Knox Film Fest the nonexclusive right to use submitted materials in connection with any and all publicity and promotional materials regarding the festival. S/he warrants that the submitted film does not infringe upon the intellectual property rights of any person or entity and agree to hold harmless and fully indemnify and defend the Knox Film Fest and its representatives against any and all claims made for such infringement or any other violations of law.