The Kleinkaap Short Film Festival (KSFF) is hosted in South Africa by Twin Hearts Productions, Springbok Cinema and Kleinkaap Boutique Hotel. This Festival is aimed to showcase film-making in short format locally and internationally.
KSFF is a gateway for audiences to unearth the real world of film that occurs beyond regular film exhibitions. KSFF mainly supports outstanding and creative stories that have not received deserved exposure in South Africa. KSFF considers narrative, documentary and animated short films (30 min and less), and in multiple genres from around the world. KSFF is hosted in Centurion, South Africa. A vibrant city nestled minutes between Johannesburg and Pretoria.
The selected short films will be judged and selected by a South African panel. The Kleinkaap Short Film Festival's Official Selections will be screened at the Film Festival in October 2018.
Awards & Prizes
KSFF awards for international and local shorts:
- Best Short Narrative
- Best Short Animation
- Best Short Documentary
- Best Director
- Best Performance in Short
- Best Cinematography
- Best Script-writing
Stand a chance to win prizes valued from $ 100 and more.
Rules & Terms
- All Films must be submitted through FilmFreeway by 10 May 2017.
- Only films completed after 1st January 2013 may enter
- Short films must not exceed 30 minutes (Automatic disqualification if it exceeds 30 minutes)
- Short films should be a minimum of 1 minute
- South African Film Makers can enter for free for the super special, early bird special & regular deadline, $ 2 for the extended submission or $ 5 for the final submission fee
- Non-South African Film Makers can enter for $ 5 for the super early bird special, $ 8 for the earlybird special, a regular submission fee of $ 10, an extended submission fee of $ 15 or a final submission fee of $ 20
- English Subtitles for Non-English films
- Film makers who are selected give the KSFF permission to screen their films at the Festival in October 2018
- The selected films for the KSFF will only be screened at the Kleinkaap short Film Festival and will not be used for other purposes
- We do not have a premiere policy